Some pics from my collection

As next weeks marks 15 years of travelling over the water I’ve been up into the loft and dug out some of my old pictures for a look back over the years and these are some of them.

The truck that started it all, my first truck as an Owner Driver

Loading machinery in Switzerland and yes that is me leaning on the unit trying to blend in.

Loading groupage at Atege Spedition in Munich, they do like to pack it in.

At Hockenheim in the week before the German GP. You can just see my truck next to the orange and white Scania at the right of the picture. We had just delivered marquees we had collected from Silverstone after the British GP. After unloading we stayed there for 3 or 4 hours watching the testing. That was in the days of Senna, Mansell and co.

I used to deliver here, a village in the far south of Germany, quite regularly. 22 x 1 tonne containers on palettes filled with liquid caramel. This was the guys house and we just used to back up to his veranda to off load.

Unloading equipment in a quarry north of Hamburg and as they didn’t have a fork lift they used the Hiab on this old Mercedes to unload me.

At the next quarry they didn’t have anything except for this JCB type thing and they used to chains hanging off its bucket to swing the equipment from the trailer. The one in the picture has just fallen from the chains and sank about 2 feet into the soft ground.

A bit cleaner work this time, unloading golfing equipment near Frankfurt.

Waiting for the ferry in Zeebrugge one night.

This picture is for Mal. Before becoming an OD I drove this truck for a while, it had a turning circle roughly the same as the QE2.

Excellent pics Coffee… :wink: :wink:

Good Picture - Interesting! :sunglasses:

Is that an ex Peter Roff Scania Neil?

Not quite Keith, the guy I bought it from used to sub to Peter Roff so it was painted in the same style as his were. Good spot mate. :wink: :smiley:

See Neil ? what a success these posts are.

I have just looked at all 3 pic sites, and along with the XL post, I think a book is on the cards.

It just goes to show how many new and old drivers appreciate words and pictures.

Keep up the good work !!

Cheers,

Niall.

Neil, gt yer arse out of that closet M8! youre an Atki fan! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Looking at that 112, I remember the best thing I liked about them was that little cupboard thing in front of the stick. All me tea making stuff was in there! Oh, the lump sounded nice as well!

Coffeeholic:

Unloading equipment in a quarry north of Hamburg and as they didn’t have a fork lift they used the Hiab on this old Mercedes to unload me.

:slight_smile: :sunglasses:

Great Pics :sunglasses:

blimey, so now its almost 20 years of euro work? do you have any more pics to share?

hey coffee

great pics mate, can we have some more pleeeaaaze.

cheers
gaz

More pics please - miss your diarys

Love these, More! :smiley:

deffo livin the dream… mate