R730's

Anyone seen these on the road?
Had Loane’s motor come past me today on the M6, gotta say what a good looking unit it is :blush: complimented well by the colour scheme.

yes, seen a few, they just look like any other topline, just got a little bit of extra chrome trim on them

B1 GGK:
Had Loane’s motor come past me today on the M6, gotta say what a good looking unit it is :blush: complimented well by the colour scheme.

saw that black amber one a few months ago pulling a fowlerwelch tri,also parked near me at alferton,if only :exclamation:

Saw one a few months back, painted up in McBurney’s colours. With that paintscheme it looked quite ordinary.

i saw that one in warwick svs

As I recall MCBs had one of the volvo fh-16 700s not long after they were released (which looked a lot better than the R730), so there’ll probably be an fh-16 750 on it’s way soon too (then repeat until volvo and scania have grown tired of the power race)

R M George have 2 plain White 4 x 2’s which run from Scrabster to Spain every Week with Shellfish. There is something about them that make them stand out from the crowd not sure what though.

S80RTE:
R M George have 2 plain White 4 x 2’s which run from Scrabster to Spain every Week with Shellfish. There is something about them that make them stand out from the crowd not sure what though.

probably just a couple of bits of chrome

I can understand wanting a v8 but I can’t understand paying 20 odd grand more for a R730 rather than a R500 unless you do heavy haulage.

ady1:

B1 GGK:

saw that black amber one a few months ago pulling a fowlerwelch tri,also parked near me at alferton,if only :exclamation:

You can get one up when you become an owner driver with stobarts. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Small ■■■■■…blah blah blah…bad back…working for nothing…and so on

switchlogic:
Small ■■■■■…blah blah blah…bad back…working for nothing…and so on

Doesn’t take long to start Luke .

Cant see why people get so upset when people go and by trucks like an R730 or fh16 etc they aint the ones paying the finance fuel etc.

kr79:

ady1:

B1 GGK:

You can get one up when you become an owner driver with stobarts. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

quite right you can have whatever truck you would like,another reason to do it :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

EBGBz:
As I recall MCBs had one of the volvo fh-16 700s not long after they were released (which looked a lot better than the R730), so there’ll probably be an fh-16 750 on it’s way soon too (then repeat until volvo and scania have grown tired of the power race)

And the trucks still do 56mph with a 700+ BHP

Yes indeed but it’s not a Ferrari. Power in trucks isn’t about top speed, it’s about maintaining that speed as much as possible. Don’t underestimate the difference it would make on a run over the Alps for example.

oh, I get what you mean. The pulling power compeared to another unit, with less power, who would be going through the gears to get up said hill. So having that extra BHP helps

switchlogic:
Yes indeed but it’s not a Ferrari. Power in trucks isn’t about top speed, it’s about maintaining that speed as much as possible. Don’t underestimate the difference it would make on a run over the Alps for example.

mickyblue:
oh, I get what you mean. The pulling power compeared to another unit, with less power, who would be going through the gears to get up said hill. So having that extra BHP helps

Until you get stuck behind Benedek from Hungary in his DAF CF380 :stuck_out_tongue:

The talk is McBurneys Volvo embrassed there Scania up a big hill with the same loads on. But O’Tooles from Galway got rid of there big power Volvos because they were to sore on diesel.

People who mock these fancy wagons are the loathers whom wish they could get one and get rid of there poxy 380 CF day cab… Dont understand why people knock new, fresh plant… Serious jealousy.

switchlogic:

Many years ago I was speaking in the office of Ralph Davies about their purchase of the then new FH16 520’s that they had just received. They justified their purchase as when leaving the southern coast of Spain the FH16’s would gain approx 45mins distance in4.5hrs driving compared to the then standard 360 engines. If your main bulk of work involved crossing hilly/mountainous regions they could gain quite a considerable distance over a 10 hour drive.

How much of a difference a 730 would make over say a 500 over the course of a day probably wouldn’t be anywhere near as much but a difference would be there all the same. If things are time sensitive it all helps, if you can justify the price!