Spotted New Volvo Fh M8

Just passed a new Fh in black on the M8 at Govan jct looks fantastic !
So who’s the lucky person. ■■?

was it unit only as it may have been the 750bhp that volvo have been tqakng around various service areas

I seen that truck when I was head east bound , looks smart as hell think it’s the new 750 fh

Yes unit only
There I thought that someone was getting a early Xmas pressi lol

I’ve seen a silver one a couple of times looks a bit like a Topline as the grille is all black.

google “scotrailm” for a guy in Perth who has a flickr site, he has photographed a few on the city bypass, one has a double deck trailer on and the other has a Dennison trial trailer

the dealer in broxburn says they wont see one in the flesh until march

Ive seen the metallic green one running with a fridge on the m1 near Nottingham

octane.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=62919

Very wide tyres on the steering axle aren’t they ?

The green ones are doing the rounds at the Volvo dealers. I went to see one at Thomas Hardies in Manchester on Thursday. Very impressive and well thought out interior, but these are still prototypes. Wasn’t allowed to turn ignition on or start engine, just there to sit in and look at.

Is there an FM version to match in the pipeline as well?

The 460’s are producing 2800nm of torque :open_mouth: .That’s 500nm more than the equivelant Actros and it’s supposed to have a new groundbreaking engine. Even the Scania V8 500 has 2500nm,how have Volvo got so much grunt into a 460 :question: . It does’nt matter what they look like,with that sort of power i want one. :slight_smile:

a working FH, picture courtesy of iepieleaks.nl

Think the mirrors look ■■■■■

jury’s still out on this for me , i saw the demo about complete with black promo trailer on the m4 a few weeks back & it looked stunning , but when they’ve got a bit of colour about them they look thrown together, as my mate said they looked to have sorted the basic shape out then just stuck bits on it, sorry but as for looks from a new truck, the merc is getting my vote

MolePower:
jury’s still out on this for me , i saw the demo about complete with black promo trailer on the m4 a few weeks back & it looked stunning , but when they’ve got a bit of colour about them the look thrown together, as my mate said they looked to have sorted the basic shape out then just stuck bits on it, sorry but as for looks from a new truck, the merc is getting my vote

+1

Just saw another one (green) on M8 about Airdrie pulling a bulk tanker

I saw 2 new Volvo FH pull into Woodall services earlier, one was a 750 and pulling a flat bed with a digger on and the other was a 460 pulling a Simon Gibson tanker.

Gotta say they look ugly, nowhere near as good to look at as the new actros

Yawn. It looks like the last one whatever it was called…

Just a lump of metal with wheels.