Richard Long R730 Spotted

Im pretty sure it was it

i see it yesterday come of the boat at felixstowe docks with the ■■■■■■ van even though it had no trailer on
and also it had stay bright alloy wheels on it which his motors dont normally have

so im pretty sure it was it but didnt get time to get picture because he went

so any pictures will be appreciated

regards
jobe ben

If it was new and had shiny alloys it may have been Richards new personal plaything, he used to get a new one every year when I worked there and he would pas on his previous new one on to his current blue eyed boy. I was destined to get one in the year 2036 if I behaved.
But workin there I enjoyed an would do it again given the chance. Grovel grovel lol

Can I get a Tim Allen from Tool Time salute to horsepower…

did it look any different to an R420 for example?

badges removed of course :wink:

seen it last week i think it was going into the dock on trade plates… no trailer… looked like slightly darker spots in the visor… all the difference i could see… think the new ones have lost the plot tho couldnt hear anything as he drove past :cry: wheres the ‘V’ 8 sound gone!!! :blush: :blush:

quote… ‘’ looked like slightly darker spots in the visor.‘’

Could you explain what that mean please.

raymundo:

I spose he meant the spotlights in the sun visor had a slightly darker tint to them than what all the other Scanias have, this could be a feature only specific to the 730 model?

For a while I thought he meant the paint work was slightly darker than the rest of the fleet. Richard would NOT have that.
Thanks for the clue I can see what he meant now.

@ DBT, Yeah the V8 is pretty silent in factory spec Zaust form.

You have to fit Eminox stacks or a straight through side pipe Zaust to get the God’s thunder sound.

The first one sounds nice and that Sean Taylor Scania sounds epic.

You’d need to be able to switch to the normal exhaust though as they can be a bit rude boy when you need to keep the decibels down.

I like the sound but not sure i’d splash out on Eminox stacks or a side pipe just for the aural delight.

I always think the side pipes could get grounded on speed bumps as well.

if anyone wants a picture of the r730 type in google ‘richard longs scania r730’ and its the top one

JOBE BEN:
if anyone wants a picture of the r730 type in google ‘richard longs scania r730’ and its the top one

I put that in on images and this is actually what came up, I thought, that can’t be right. :laughing:

His R730 does look smart though, although they have them poxy thin spoilers on them. :angry:

Benni:

raymundo:

I spose he meant the spotlights in the sun visor had a slightly darker tint to them than what all the other Scanias have, this could be a feature only specific to the 730 model?

cheers mate yea thats what i meant :smiley:

Silver_Surfer:
@ DBT, Yeah the V8 is pretty silent in factory spec Zaust form.

You have to fit Eminox stacks or a straight through side pipe Zaust to get the God’s thunder sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PIXfIbHFFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzCk5w3qYlM

The first one sounds nice and that Sean Taylor Scania sounds epic.

You’d need to be able to switch to the normal exhaust though as they can be a bit rude boy when you need to keep the decibels down.

I like the sound but not sure i’d splash out on Eminox stacks or a side pipe just for the aural delight.

I always think the side pipes could get grounded on speed bumps as well.

yea they sound sweeeet :sunglasses: :sunglasses: we have 2 164’s on our fleet and even with standard exhaust they have a nice bark to them on tickover… nothing like a thumping V8 going along… was disappointed with the 730 as he came past even on rev’s she was very very quiet :frowning: think they should fit stacks as standard :sunglasses:

Benni:

JOBE BEN:

I put that in on images and this is actually what came up, I thought, that can’t be right. :laughing:

His R730 does look smart though, although they have them poxy thin spoilers on them. :angry:

sorry, but i think that is hilarious :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Looks like every other scania to me :laughing:

Benni:

JOBE BEN:

not on images just on the web bit

public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckph … nia-r.html

its got darker spots in now if its the same one…

Lol at the anominous commenter saying ‘would make a good bonfire’!

Beetie:
Lol at the anominous commenter saying ‘would make a good bonfire’!

wasn’t me, before anyone accuses me of it :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: