R h stevens, macclesfield

Does anybody have info & pics about this company

Have a look at the latest page of the scrapbook forum, there is a pic of one of their trucks.
Its an Iveco artic.

I only have recent pics for when i worked for them doing swiss and germany if that helps dave?did you work for phil hanleys?

hey daniel

yes mate they may help alot,

dave
yes mate seen that one, thanks anyway

cheers
gaz

Sorry no pics, put in the early 70s did a bit of trailer pulling for them whilst working for Gordon Eaton of Forsbrook,
Traffic was always Manchester Liners containers usually on 33`flats, Think the fleet was mainly ERF A series & Ford D series tracor units. Yard in those days was side of A536 at Gawsworth nice set up seemed easy going company to work for.

Sorry no pics.but on the same subject does anybody remember Stevens “Kenworth” coming towards them,only to find it was an ERF jennings cab in disguise, late 70s-early 80s

Sorry for the delay in putting these on lads, I meant to do it a few weeks back when I first spotted the thread.
This ERF / Peterbuilt thing, I always wondered if it was one of Stevens own or an o/d. Does anyone know.
The old ERF LV pics were thanks to Bubblemans Scrapbook thread.

volvo f10 used to park on lorry park in willenhall about 30 years ago . got to know him off c.b :open_mouth: red baron he was a big ginger bloke .used to be parked up all the time

Hiya… that yuk pink is registered as stevens pink. they had a owner driver with a bonneted 1418 merc.
I painted pink i was fumeing. Reg Stevens was so proud of that colour he had a rolls royce painted Stevens pink.
John