Joseph foulkes willenhall remember?

By pure luck, my aunt had a clear out recently and came across this picture of a Joseph Foulkes Mercedes (SK) rigid. I know it wasn’t regularly driven by my uncle as he was on artics. However it shows the company livery/colours used at the time by the fleet. Hopefully she’ll be finding some more pics in due course.

SAUNDERS:
Yes remember them well but again, sadly no photos. My ‘old man’ Mick and his brother - ‘Uncle Baz’ worked there. Fond memories of travelling with both of them as a nipper, firstly in dads ERF LV series (‘C’ reg 1965!!! fitted with a 220 ■■■■■■■ in those days!!1) until he left and later in Baz’s ‘G’ reg (1969) Scania 110 Super no less. What a machine in its day. Both men are long gone now but the stories they told!!! Foulkes’s ran a number of marques until eventually being almost completely Mercs, but yes, many good hard working men employed there.

My dad drove for foulkes for years he had a 110 super from new YUK 815H (manny)

Graham Mann?

didn’t he buy the Scanny and start up on his own?

anyone have any pics of foulkes,s blue and red merc,s? neachells lane willenhall? used to pull out of seamless tube wednesfield ngt tredegar too. decent fleet lot of old fellas worked there .

foulkes.jpeg

remember them but no pics,they also had a depot on the wolverhampton road near new cross hospital wednesfield.you mention seamless tubes (now steelpark ),remember the old chap who drove their old erf a series 4 wheeler he used to do the locals for foulkes.,smashin old feller when i was with me dad hed always shout across the yard to us and give us a couple of slices of cake. :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry no photos but do remember then quite well and they seemed to get all over the North West again carrying steel My old Man worked for Markland Scowcroft steel tubes running out of Bolton and i think Foulkes were in and out of the depot trans shipping for the North east. I remember they had a lot of Scania 141s i think! Great( old school )company and there must be loads of photos out there.

Yes remember them well but again, sadly no photos. My ‘old man’ Mick and his brother - ‘Uncle Baz’ worked there. Fond memories of travelling with both of them as a nipper, firstly in dads ERF LV series (‘C’ reg 1965!!! fitted with a 220 ■■■■■■■ in those days!!1) until he left and later in Baz’s ‘G’ reg (1969) Scania 110 Super no less. What a machine in its day. Both men are long gone now but the stories they told!!! Foulkes’s ran a number of marques until eventually being almost completely Mercs, but yes, many good hard working men employed there.

curnock:
remember them but no pics,they also had a depot on the wolverhampton road near new cross hospital wednesfield.you mention seamless tubes (now steelpark ),remember the old chap who drove their old erf a series 4 wheeler he used to do the locals for foulkes.,smashin old feller when i was with me dad hed always shout across the yard to us and give us a couple of slices of cake. :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry no pictures, but I remember Foulkes well, some drivers I knew were George Lakin, he drove the first 140 scania they had, Cheyanne a bit of a character on the Newport trunk. I think the guy you mentioned on the ERF could have been Fred Venables.I often serviced their Scanias at that time and they were all great guys to get on with, I think the switch to Mercs came when they became partners in new merc agents, Nechalls hall garage.

hi got these off bubs thread i used to go in foulkes yard when i drove for len green & took slabs into seamless with bsc i remember the erfs then scanias-alan