fred snaylam of bolton

Anybody got any memorys or pics of this old company [sadly defunt].He ran a mixture of scammells and volvo 88s+seddon atkinsons ,all kept in prestine condition.Iworked for him in the 70s and early 80s till he closed in 1983. Any info would be appreciated.

dave[bilko]

Was just going to suggest you hit the ‘search’ button because I was sure this had been covered before, then I realised it was you that time too.
Hope you get more result this time round, but why didn’t you just add a post bumping the original back to the top? This way you have a fair old chance of the same old ■■■■■ boring on about Hipwood & Grundy instead - again. :unamused: :laughing:

And before someone accuses me of personal attacks, I was that soldier. :blush: :laughing:

yes pale blue motors, i used to know roy hacking (deceased) who worked for them,
i’ll see if i can get in touch with his lad john, i seem to remember some old lorry pics at their old house
i’m not sure if my dad worked for them at some point.
a couple of others now defunct from bolton, blackmores who had a yard on the junction of wilton st, and arundel st, arthur ellis, off dean church lane, and the long gone brs depot, which used to be where the big b&q is now

biggusdickusgb:
yes pale blue motors, i used to know roy hacking (deceased) who worked for them,
i’ll see if i can get in touch with his lad john, i seem to remember some old lorry pics at their old house
i’m not sure if my dad worked for them at some point.
a couple of others now defunct from bolton, blackmores who had a yard on the junction of wilton st, and arundel st, arthur ellis, off dean church lane, and the long gone brs depot, which used to be where the big b&q is now

dafdave

You are correct about the defunt firms and thx for the info.Regarding the pale blue motors i think you might be getting mixed up with frannie lee the paper converters who had a mill off deane rd. Fred snaylams trucks were red and his yard was in charles st behind turton st

Thanks again dave [BILKO]

my dad used to work for snaylams. I think it was in the 70’s and then he moved on to work for parkers transport of bolton mid 70’s Joe Riley was his name if anyone remembers him let me know. Me and me dad are both now working for Walkers fork truck transport in woodley.

Spardo:
Was just going to suggest you hit the ‘search’ button because I was sure this had been covered before, then I realised it was you that time too.
Hope you get more result this time round, but why didn’t you just add a post bumping the original back to the top? This way you have a fair old chance of the same old ■■■■■ boring on about Hipwood & Grundy instead - again. :unamused: :laughing:

And before someone accuses me of personal attacks, I was that soldier. :blush: :laughing:

I must have missed that one David. :stuck_out_tongue: It was one of my first tanker trucks from them, ex H & G witha tandem Butterfield tank

trigger:
my dad used to work for snaylams. I think it was in the 70’s and then he moved on to work for parkers transport of bolton mid 70’s Joe Riley was his name if anyone remembers him let me know. Me and me dad are both now working for Walkers fork truck transport in woodley.

Hey trigger i remember your dad well and he should remember me[nickname bilko near bald with glasses,ask him does he know were any of the other lads are.
barry marsden,little steve[on the van]i know dave clem got killed in spain bout 10yrs ago,Keep in touch.

… bilko

dafdave:
Hey trigger i remember your dad well and he should remember me[nickname bilko near bald with glasses,ask him does he know were any of the other lads are.
barry marsden,little steve[on the van]i know dave clem got killed in spain bout 10yrs ago,Keep in touch.

… bilko

He remembers little steve, Jed Dolan[always scrapping apparently] ended up at william hares. Used to go drinking with little steve at Tonge Ward Labour Club on friday and saturday night and he definately remembers you.

Bilko have you got any pics of my dad back then as i haven’t any pics of them due to his house burning down in the early 80’s. will definately keep in touch good buddy. My dad would also like to know who you workin for now maybe you may be able to meet up down the road and reminise on the “good old days”

Hey buddy ,ged died some yrs ago ,afraid my driving days are over as you can see my location is southport.Iam now in a home for spinally injured here.After snaylam shut in 1983 i worked for sheldons of tottington till they went bust in 92.I finished my driving working for kenny harvey at old hall st farnworth next to hippys old yard.I was working all over europe for him till april 2001 when i was making a del in paris and fell off the trailer breaking my neck. Sorry got no pics at all,hope you are both keeping well,keep in touch.

bilko

Yeah i know Kenny Harvey went for a job a few years ago but because i already worked for Alan Hindle he wouldn’t take me on, shame really because i have always wanted to drive on the continent. Still im only 25 so i have got plenty of time yet. Sorry to hear about your accident and my dad will be upset to hear that too. My dad sends his regards and because my dad has such a short memory he said if you can remember any good tales it may jog his memory. He’s workin at walkers at the moment but he’s only got 3 years left until retirement. Keep in touch and keep well good buddy.