Queue jumpers.

You know the sort, always in the wrong lane until the last second, too impatient to queue like the majority of us. Judging by this week, if you jump the queue & try & cut in in front of me at the last second…i’ll let you in. I’m talking about ‘professional’ drivers now, not car drivers.

I have to admit, in days gone by i’d be thinking, [zb] off you cheeky [zb] & closed the gap, then make a few hand gestures to let them know my thoughts on their driving. However, twice this week i’ve been the victim of queue jumpers, & both times i’ve let them in, no gestures or histrionics, just a shrug of the shoulders & a raised eyebrow.

I hit the big 5 0 later this year & i’m just wondering if getting old means i’m turning into a soft touch, or is it a sign of maturity?

What do you do when the same thing happens to you?

Using those symbols to dodge the auto censor doesn’t make those words become acceptable. dd.

Same as you; and like you it used to rile me to the point of distraction.

I console myself with the thought that the idiot driver is now in front of me where I can see him.

Same as you… gone are the days when I get all irate, now I just sit there and think for all that stress and competiveness they have gained perhaps 2 seconds, I may have lost 2 seconds but am not wound up into a tight little ball thinking I must get ahead of everyone else

I still do have bad mood days when I think sod every one… no-ones perfect :unamused: :wink:

Why didnt you think in Younger years that Way?

Betty Swallox:
You know the sort, always in the wrong lane until the last second, too impatient to queue like the majority of us.

If they at least have the decency to indicate and wait until i flash them in,(after they’ve passed half a mile of patiently queing traffic) i don’t mind too much.
The ones that don’t indicate and merely try to push into the nearside lane will have to take my front wing off first.

I know exactly the kind of drivers you refer to as i do a lot of driving in London and they take the gold prize in being total muppet drivers me i just let them get on with it knowing that one day their stupidity will wipe them out… :sunglasses:

Some days when they cut infront of me i could pull them out there car and give them a good slap,but recently i just sigh and let it go.Bugs me when you give them the lights to come in and they don`t even acknowledge it.

I just think to myself, “I’m paid by the hour, I’m not in a rush”. I find it keeps the stress levels down a good bit taking this attitude towards them. And usually you are right up their tail pipes a few miles along the road anyway, which just makes me smile knowing they have went to all that trouble to get a few feet in front of you and haven’t made any real progress on their journey. :smiling_imp:

Do you mean people who go down the outside of queue before roadworks / lane closed etc? Everyone is showing how it should be done and queuing nicely and they just trundle down the outside and ‘push in’ where the cones start?

If so then good luck to them. If the Highways Agency wanted you to queue a mile before the roadworks they would have put the cones at that point wouldn’t they?

Use all the road, go to the cones and merge in turn. Not a difficult concept.

to get a few feet in front of you and haven’t made any real progress on their journey.

but if they have come down the side of lots of traffic before cutting in they have made some progress!

(posted in the interest of giving 50 year olds some reason for getting excited :smiley: )

i am the same as most of you don’t let it worry me too much!! UNTIL LAST MONTH!!! coming down the A358 toward henlade and then to the M5 i am sat in the outside lane slowly moving just waiting to merge in turn and a car driver dicides he is going to overtake by going into the turning lane for the old concrete works, now i saw red and thats were he stayed up on the grass in the middle of the duel carridgeway what a complete pratt i have never seen driving like it :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

hammer:
Do you mean people who go down the outside of queue before roadworks / lane closed etc? Everyone is showing how it should be done and queuing nicely and they just trundle down the outside and ‘push in’ where the cones start?

If so then good luck to them. If the Highways Agency wanted you to queue a mile before the roadworks they would have put the cones at that point wouldn’t they?

+1

It’s called zip-merging and there was a long thread about it on here a while ago.

Some people seem to think we should have 20 mile queues in one lane while the “to be closed” lane is kept empty for 20 miles before the closure :unamused: :unamused:

Betty Swallox:
You know the sort, always in the wrong lane until the last second, too impatient to queue like the majority of us. Judging by this week, if you jump the queue & try & cut in in front of me at the last second…i’ll let you in. I’m talking about ‘professional’ drivers now, not car drivers.

I have to admit, in days gone by i’d be thinking, [zb] off you cheeky [zb] & closed the gap, then make a few hand gestures to let them know my thoughts on their driving. However, twice this week i’ve been the victim of queue jumpers, & both times i’ve let them in, no gestures or histrionics, just a shrug of the shoulders & a raised eyebrow.

I hit the big 5 0 later this year & i’m just wondering if getting old means i’m turning into a soft touch, or is it a sign of maturity?

What do you do when the same thing happens to you?

I agree about not getting wound-up,the sensible thing to do is stay calm and get on with your life unless you never make mistakes or do anything wrong yourself.

Having said that I think you need to explain the situations your talking about more clearly, as others have said some people get wound-up over drivers using available road space rather than queueing unnecessarily and on the face of it it looks like that’s what you could be talking about.

Immigrant:
Why didnt you think in Younger years that Way?

You can’t put an old head on young shoulders !

do you know what my pet hate is…

petrol stations, people who park well back waiting for a the first pump to become avaliable therefore causing a bigger queue. i go to a garage see the pumps choose one and park behind the car filling up waiting my turn.

now they do it at truckstops like whitwood as well, ive upset many a driver pulling round them and parking straight behind a truck filling up and waiting my turn.

really winds me up more than people saying bang tidy. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

gardun:

hammer:

+1

It’s called zip-merging and there have been many, many threads about it on here.

FTFY, you’re welcome.

Cool breeze

jessicas dad:
do you know what my pet hate is…

petrol stations, people who park well back waiting for a the first pump to become avaliable therefore causing a bigger queue. i go to a garage see the pumps choose one and park behind the car filling up waiting my turn.

now they do it at truckstops like whitwood as well, ive upset many a driver pulling round them and parking straight behind a truck filling up and waiting my turn.

really winds me up more than people saying bang tidy. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

same as the ones who queue up for a pump on the right side of their car and leave the “wrong” side pumps empty. I just pull up at the wrong side, stretch the hose around and then endure the dirty looks.

in heavy traffic we should use all the lanes right up to the closure then merge in turn like gents therefore shorter ques

think of all that wasted tarmac…

I must be getting old too early because I too just let them in. Just realised life is too short to be worried about other peoples driving and being one car or truck back in the queue is hardly the end of the world

switchlogic:
I must be getting old too early because I too just let them in. Just realised life is too short to be worried about other peoples driving and being one car or truck back in the queue is hardly the end of the world

Hippy.