When will they ever learn

M1 N/B between jcn 11 & toddy services this afternoon,4 truck shunt,suspects driving a little to close,jezzzz guys it’s in the r/works,heavy traffic,whats to be gained driving that close,stuck there for 1&1/2 hours,cheers lads.

There’s absolutely nothing to be gained by tailgating but everything to be lost. I reckon 95% of PROFESSIONAL drivers do it going by what I see…TOSSERS!

Alot of lorry drivers seem to be scared of leaving lane 1, they wait until they are 2" from the truck in front then pull out, then they pull in when they are 2" past it.

bubsy06:
Alot of lorry drivers seem to be scared of leaving lane 1, they wait until they are 2" from the truck in front then pull out, then they pull in when they are 2" past it.

thats normally because the cars in lane 2 wont let you out as they think we all take 20 mile to overtake the truck in front,so you indicate in good time and by the time you manage to force your way out your on the back of truck in front
n.b i can understand there thinking on d/c,even if i dont agree, but why do they do it on motorway : :confused: :unamused: :unamused: :imp:

Cars are typically middle lane hoggers within roadworks.

They don’t seem to understand that the same rules apply,roadworks or not.

We closed lanes 1 & 2 just after J10 and sent all traffic down the contraflow lane.Even for the drivers who wanted to come off at J11,it would have been quicker to go to J12 and return South.After about 20-30 mins,when we reopened,we still had to queue to get to J11.To the driver of a blue renault premium,who called me a w****r for sending him down the c/flow,if you wanted J11,you still saved time,if you didnt want J11,you saved a lot of time.I think you should call,at least,one of your so called professional colleagues that name,because if he hadnt had crashed,I wouldnt be closing any lanes. :slight_smile:

206doorman:

agreed!

i try and time my overtakes these days, so that i can pull out a decent way back, but keep my time down to a minimum, whilst overtaking. sitting up the arse of the front in truck, is a dangerous game to play.

206doorman:

Chuckled to myself on the way to London a few weekends back. Think it was a Saturday and I got caught up in the roadworks from the bottom of the M1 round the M25 anti-clock. I stayed in lane 1 for the duration as it’s always the fastest moving lane, even when you get hold up for a few mins at the on-ramps, but coming to the junction in the dip (think it’s the one before the M40?) everyone in lane 1 was peeling off to take that exit but I was carrying on to the M40. The car in front of me clearly couldn’t read the signs (neither could the truckers that were all stacked up in lane 2) and thought that lane 1 had now become hard shoulder again so suddenly slammed on after the slip exit and sat there with the right indicator on. :unamused: I just went down the inside of her :unamused: and had nearly a mile of empty road to the on-ramp at the other, and it’s a fair way along too as it comes up a hill from the junction. Two of the trucks I went past aired their displeasure, one by blasting the horn at me and the other was a foreigner and gave me coffee beans out of his window. The yellow signs clearly show 3 lanes and hard shoulder running so wtf was up with them all? 99% of drivers on the roads in this country are thick as [zb]. :unamused:

I saw that incident. I was heading southbound. Funnily enough I’d just seen a box jockey driving in lane 3. He overtook me in lane 2 and a mile or so down the road there was the usual van driver doing 45 in lane 2 so he pulled into lane 3. Been a bad week in those roadworks. Yesterday a saab got spun out by a dutch artic just before junction 12.

john_london:
I saw that incident. I was heading southbound. Funnily enough I’d just seen a box jockey driving in lane 3. He overtook me in lane 2 and a mile or so down the road there was the usual van driver doing 45 in lane 2 so he pulled into lane 3. Been a bad week in those roadworks. Yesterday a saab got spun out by a dutch artic just before junction 12.

How the hell do you get a truck in lane 3 along there? :open_mouth: I struggle to keep my car between the lane marking with lane 2 and the concrete barrier on the offside. :open_mouth:

Rob K:
How the hell do you get a truck in lane 3 along there? :open_mouth: I struggle to keep my car between the lane marking with lane 2 and the concrete barrier on the offside. :open_mouth:

Should have mentioned it was in the wide bit near Toddington services :blush:

john_london:

Rob K:

you can get a truck down lane 3 :wink:

and before you all start saying that I am an idiot, go tell someone who gives a ZB! :wink: the running speed through the roadworks is 50 mph if people wish to vary their speed between 35 and 45 fine, but some of us have work to do, get out of the “OVERTAKING” lanes and stop playing the I am helping traffic flow by slowing everyone else down, thus causes congestion and then said incidents.

Clarky:

john_london:

Rob K:

you can get a truck down lane 3 :wink:
and before you all start saying that I am an idiot, go tell someone who gives a ZB! :wink: the running speed through the roadworks is 50 mph if people wish to vary their speed between 35 and 45 fine, but some of us have work to do, get out of the “OVERTAKING” lanes and stop playing the I am helping traffic flow by slowing everyone else down, thus causes congestion and then said incidents.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: What’s that noise I can hear coming? RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! IT’S THE LYNCH MOB! :open_mouth: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :laughing:

Where’s the “its safest at 50, with idiots 3 ft from your bumper” brigade when you need them? Oh, nothing to say now, is there?

OVLOV JAY:
Where’s the “its safest at 50, with idiots 3 ft from your bumper” brigade when you need them? Oh, nothing to say now, is there?

They’re all in lane 3! :stuck_out_tongue:

didn’t say it was safest at 50, but if people were to run at the same speed through said works giving the correct room it wouldn’t jam up…it ain’t rocket science! :wink:

Clarky:
didn’t say it was safest at 50, but if people were to run at the same speed through said works giving the correct room it wouldn’t jam up…it ain’t rocket science! :wink:

I aint about to sit in the middle of a scrum of vehicles to end up trying to avoid everyone when it goes wrong…just like it did this afternoon on the northbound section just before jct 13…

If I can get out of the way and past them within the speed limit, I am going.