We share the roads with these people

Unbelievable.

I know mate some lorry drivers are right knob heads

A few bad apples spoil it for the rest of us.
Is Robert Wood from Flockton out of clink yet?

A prick in a Scania with a load of car trailers on it’s back this morning.
Sat in the middle lane in a queue right up the arse of a car, poor ■■■■ had nowhere to go as there was an adjacent queue in both lane 1 and lane 2, dont know wtf he expected the car to do.
No wonder we get a bad name. :unamused:

I had some 2 ton death or glory boy right up my arse in my car. When we got to the lights I went back and said ‘the traffic in front’s doing 70 in an 80 zone, how the ■■■■ do you think I can go faster.’ This ■■■■ said I should close up to stop lane changers and that he could see over the top of my car so it didn’t matter how close he was.

At risk of being called a grass, I took the camera footage (front and rear) to the local nick. They reckon they’ll deal with him. Too soon to have heard anything yet.

You have absolutely done nothing wrong by driving in a safe manner by leaving suitable gaps in front of your vehicle to allow for stopping and braking distances that the Muppet behind you obviously is blatantly unaware of and it seems he had road rage by trying to make you get closer to vehicles in front as he could see cars filling in the gaps and he is blaming you.
Dangerous driving charges on the way to him.

When you switch from one vehicle to another…could the indicator stalk be on the left on one vehicle,and right-side on another?

A lot of car drivers increase their speed as soon as you place the O/S indicator on

K27:
A lot of car drivers increase their speed as soon as you place the O/S indicator on

I strongly suspect it’s because cars don’t like being forced down to 56 ish when they can do 70.
This tends to happen when something known as “a begging signal” is misused and tends to have taken over from the correct procedure
of changing lane. It does not help with most vehicles travelling far too close to each other.
But it seems to be the way these days. Make your own rules up and blame everyone else.

jakethesnake:
I strongly suspect it’s because cars don’t like being forced down to 56 ish when they can do 70.

not when they tootle along doing 50 or 53. One company I was at,trucks were maxed to 50…and when gradually approaching a car in lane one doing 45 and I get the opportunity to go into lane two,the car driver decides to match my speed

K27:

jakethesnake:

not when they tootle along doing 50 or 53. One company I was at,trucks were maxed to 50…and when gradually approaching a car in lane one doing 45 and I get the opportunity to go into lane two,the car driver decides to match my speed

When we had no…

Limiters, these problems didn’t occur.

Why is the removal of limiters never considered?

K27:

Yes, I get that quite alot, you can clearly see them speed up and then when you’re pulling out, still with a big enough gap, you get the idiot passing you with their hand on the horn!!!

yourhavingalarf:

Because there is an ever-growing cabal of idiots who have somehow got HGV licences but lack the ability to drive one remotely competently at 56mph. Who wants these muppets able to do 70mph plus? Not me.

K27:

jakethesnake:

I can’t comment from driving a truck recently but have recently driven twice from the south to north UK in a van and trailer and the majority of cars were in lanes two and three doing 70+ I am afraid some of the worst driving came from trucks, changing lanes with very little prior warning and travelling far too close to the vehicles in front. Some look like if they put a signal on they expect to come out or be let out. I found my self constantly breaking the speed limit just to get away from the mayhem. I know they don’t all do this but far too many do.

It worries me the way drivers drive so close together, all bunched up leaving no room for error. the A1M seemed particularly bad for this. I just wonder if it’s complacency, driving like this day to day and not realising the danger they put themselves and others in? Just a big pile up waiting to happen.

yourhavingalarf:

K27:

jakethesnake:

When we had no…

Limiters, these problems didn’t occur.

My truck driving days were 90% no limiter and I hated the first time I drove with one. It would be nice to do away with them but I doubt some drivers don’t have enough self control to know when to slow down a little. How many are on the limiter all the time now no matter what the speed limit is.
It will never happen, far too many idiots about. Just glad my days are the road are long gone.

My days of LGV driving are over too.Strictly my car these days between Yorkshire to Spain via France3 or 4 times a year.I can confirm that I’m glad when I get off this island.The standard of driving gets worse and many so-called professionals do themselves or the profession no good at all.The south east of England is particularly bad for reckless and selfish car driving.I always try to do my drive to/from a ferry overnight for my own safety.We Brits used to pat ourselves on the back for our superior driving skills and temperament.Even the French president (Chirac) praised what he called the “serenity” of British drivers.Those days are long gone.

I agree with a lot of what’s said here. My gripe is people who squeeze in front of you at high speed when you’re coming off a motorway and slam their brakes on causing my proximity sensors to go off and in turn slam my brakes on.

There is no such thing as the perfect drive or driver, no matter how good you think you are we all make mistakes on the road but quite simply I personally think that a lot is down to a lack of proper policing on the roads, monstering, tailgating, speeding, most people know that they can get away with it and don’t care. However there are a lot of safe and conscientious drivers out there with consideration for other road users, let’s all try and be one of those, I live in hope.

Motorists take the risks knowing there’s not many traffic police due to budget cuts.

Truck drivers get a bad rap easy target. With most names plastered on the truck. Car drivers are the worst come flying in from lane 3 onto the slip road exit.

Olog Hai:

yourhavingalarf:

Because there is an ever-growing cabal of idiots who have somehow got HGV licences but lack the ability to drive one remotely competently at 56mph. Who wants these muppets able to do 70mph plus? Not me.

5.26 to 6.00…

Watch how this all works.

youtu.be/KOFXigMlp8Q?si=Cp9uoOf6rU7lzUvL

Not a single puppy was harmed.