Dear Mr Hornigold

Please be so kind as to tell your drivers that there is no point sitting a few feet from my back doors and straddling the White lines into lane 3 while flashing your headlamps - I can’t pull back into lane 1 while I am still alongside a slower vehicle (which you would have seen, had you not been sitting a few feet from my back doors…)

I know the feeling roymondo,S K logistics driver done the same to me when I was overtaking a slow crane on the M4,

Pretty sure I don’t want any man near my back door…

You can’t even call it little ■■■■ syndrome.

You see it in the lads that don’t like being overtaken. I view it as water trying to get past in the most efficient way possible whoever has the best chance overall of staying ahead should tek the lead. I can spot pro’s in a heartbeat nowadays, the lads that will take
A
Few
Clicks off when being overtaken & the lads with a low IQ who will try &
Make it as difficult
As possible for you to overtake them then when you’re past take a couple off anyway… Kin knobs.

I pulled over and flashed out a stobart last week he never even acknowledged the fact I’d moved for him then sat at the side of me not letting me past :imp: I eased off because I’m not playing games with rick heads like that.

What gets me are the ones that tailgate and/or flash me when I’m in lane 1 on an empty motorway, why just pass me instead of sitting on my arse for miles, it’s obvious im not gonna suddenly break the limiter and speed up :unamused:

Also some drivers need to learn that you can use the third lane when there’s four or more lanes, rather than tailgating as I pass a slower line of vehicles in lane 1 :unamused:

Sorry dude was in a rush,had a big job on!

Doesn’t matter how much of a rush you were in - The only way I could possibly pull in out of the way would be to slow down, which would doubtless have caused even more histrionics (or shove the Maritime wagon over onto the hard shoulder, of course).

Roymondo:
Doesn’t matter how much of a rush you were in - The only way I could possibly pull in out of the way would be to slow down, which would doubtless have caused even more histrionics (or shove the Maritime wagon over onto the hard shoulder, of course).

Haha pulling your leg,I don’t even know where horningold is :laughing:

yorkshire terrier:
I pulled over and flashed out a stobart last week he never even acknowledged the fact I’d moved for him then sat at the side of me not letting me past :imp: I eased off because I’m not playing games with rick heads like that.

Yep I’m the same in this situation, we realise the truck we have just let in is accelerating to the limiter and has no intent to let you pull in front then have to perform an overtake manouvre themselves (usually they make such a mess of it that its understandable), so i do the same and ease off and slip in behind (so to speak) and have another cup of tea.

Fair play to a gentleman on the A14 last week who did this then apologised with an inventive side light / indicator flash that i found quite impressive.

At the end of the day we are all in this together and just making progress.

Been done to death lads. I’d like to say it’s the youth but a lot of the time it’s the older lads who do it just because they’re ■■■■■ basically.

Roymondo:
Please be so kind as to tell your drivers that there is no point sitting a few feet from my back doors and straddling the White lines into lane 3 while flashing your headlamps - I can’t pull back into lane 1 while I am still alongside a slower vehicle (which you would have seen, had you not been sitting a few feet from my back doors…)

To be fair if you’ve spent the last 16 miles in lane 2 inching past the wagon in lane 1 then it’s of little surprise to me he acted in the way he did. I’m not saying this was the situation in your case but that’s what’s happened to me on many occasions… :wink:

Torkey:

Roymondo:

To be fair if you’ve spent the last 16 miles in lane 2 inching past the wagon in lane 1 then it’s of little surprise to me he acted in the way he did. I’m not saying this was the situation in your case but that’s what’s happened to me on many occasions… :wink:

I pulled out and passed one of Nobby Dentressangle’s motors soon after J21 on the M1, which took probably less than a mile. However, during the minute or so that I was out in Lane 2, Nobby had caught up with an even slower Maritime truck, so there wasn’t really enough space to allow me to pull back in (not without either jumping into Nobby’s safety zone, or leaving myself with no safety zone of my own). So I stayed out for another couple of minutes until I was safely past Maritime as well. It was while I was passing the Maritime motor that the Hornigold driver started his performance. I had pulled back in and Hornigold’s had passed me and pulled back in with still another five miles or so until J20. Total distance travelled, around five miles.

Mate, seriously, you are wasting your time using words and phrases like safety zones, backing off, consideration etc etc. You are speaking a foreign language to these bellends they drive like this as a matter of course every day, and genuinely cannot see they are doing anything wrong, they are at best intellectually challenged and at worse thick as pig ■■■■!
It all started when LGV Class 1 driver qualification was dumbed down to the point where special needs was no longer a disqualification.
Do what I do just assume that the guy you let out or who is overtaking you is one of these retards, prepare yourself to be left out in the middle lane, or to have your mirrors taken off when he cuts in, and if he proves himself otherwise by not driving like a ■■■■ it’s a bonus, because it looks like these superstars are deffo on the increase :imp:

I don’t understand how these situations can still be occurring- what with the dcpc raising the standards of us “professional” drivers? :wink:

cupidstunt:
I don’t understand how these situations can still be occurring- what with the dcpc raising the standards of us “professional” drivers? :wink:

Bloke must have been on a “defensive driving” course for his DCPC, and was working from the position of attack being the best form of defence…