Opinions appreciated

Hello dears.

Tootling clockwiseward around the M25 this afternoon heading for j28, 55 mph, moderate traffic. Midway-ish between 27 and 28, I’ve moved from lane 1 to lane 2, in plenty of time, to overtake a slow mover. Mr Muppet in his un-liveried yellow Scania pulling a box, who’d been sat behind me for a while, decides to undertake me. He overtook me a few miles back doing at least 58 mph, so 9/- note springs to mind.

I thought “oh dear, what have we got here!” and wrongly assumed he’d anchor up sharpish. Not a bit of it. He keeps going and pulls out at the last moment, so close to my n/s/f corner it actually frightened me :open_mouth: . My wagon has the " Traffic Angel Step Protect" system fitted to it, and it lit up red and sounded the warning beeper. I’ve just measured it, and it activates at 17 inches!! As close as he was to me, he must have been the same from the wagon on the inside lane. He then carried on and pulled the same trick repeatedly as he went along. All I could see were brake lights of vehicles he’d forced his way in front of.

Obviously the man is a menace to the road users/ accident waiting to happen/insert your own description. Question: I don’t have one, but if I had a dashcam and passed the film of that incident to the constables, what would be the likely outcome? It’s clear cut dangerous driving to me. On the strength of this, I’ve decided to spend some money and buy myself a dashcam, if my beloved employer doesn’t beat me to it.

Finally, I apologise to the TNCSI. I appreciate that this is all my fault, what was I thinking about, etc, etc :slight_smile:

You, sir, are a disgrace to the profession. You observed that he was faster than you, but rather than moving over into another lane to give him space, you deliberately forced him into a dangerous undertaking manoeuvre. Shame on you.

nodding donkey:
You, sir, are a disgrace to the profession. You observed that he was faster than you, but rather than moving over into another lane to give him space, you deliberately forced him into a dangerous undertaking manoeuvre. Shame on you.

■■■■■■■■■ !

nodding donkey:

Tongue in cheek here surely. No one is “forced” into an undertaking manouvre.
Although im also hoping its a wind up by OP asking about the dash cam and saying hell get one to submit to constables. But if its not,What would happen? A big fat zero. Nothing of real note happened (a lot like 80% of dashcam footage posted online) and as much as Scania guy sounds like a tool it doesnt sound any worse than a lot of stuff that needs dealt with on a daily basis by 99% of drivers. It does my head in that police time and resources are wasted with the nonsense of the “experts” with dash cams who run to the cops and want every little misdemeaner sorted with a public hanging. Either that or they post it online and see how many likes they can get

The-Snowman:

nodding donkey:

Etc…

Hmm, can’t say I’d do it in a truck, but I bet everyone on here has at some point undertaken a ■■■■■ sat in the middle lane.

Are you sure you weren’t laughing at him driving a yellow scania because I know I would :smiley:

Superloopy?

He overtook you a few miles back so how is he behind you?

Billbigwheels:

nodding donkey:

[zb] !

Such eloquent repartee.

The-Snowman:

nodding donkey:

Although im also hoping its a wind up by OP asking about the dash cam and saying hell get one to submit to constables. But if its not,What would happen? A big fat zero. Nothing of real note happened (a lot like 80% of dashcam footage posted online) and as much as Scania guy sounds like a tool it doesnt sound any worse than a lot of stuff that needs dealt with on a daily basis by 99% of drivers. It does my head in that police time and resources are wasted with the nonsense of the “experts” with dash cams who run to the cops and want every little misdemeaner sorted with a public hanging. Either that or they post it online and see how many likes they can get

Yes, of course that is tongue in cheek. :wink:
And don’t call me surely.

Tris:

The-Snowman:

nodding donkey:

Etc…

Hmm, can’t say I’d do it in a truck, but I bet everyone on here has at some point undertaken a [zb] sat in the middle lane.

Not to my recollection but I don’t think twice about passing them in lane 1 since they clearly have no intention of moving over

You can take the reg number and make a formal complaint to the police? Surely they are obliged to follow it up.

instantKarma:
You can take the reg number and make a formal complaint to the police? Surely they are obliged to follow it up.

Or yu could simply go home at the end of your shift and when the missus asks “did you have a good day dear?” You could just reply “yes darling, but there was this one rather foolish driver that …blah blah blah” and then treat her to your edge of the seat 17inch story :grimacing:

hahah I must admit that bit did give me a semi :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Laup:

It won’t be followed up unless two separate complaints are made.
By different people, before you ask :unamused: