Teamwork! Well done

M6 s/bound j10 tonight 2330hrs. 3 lanes reduced to one im in lane 1. Oh dear I thought im going to be held up big time while all the car drivers jump the queue in lane 2 and 3. Wrong! Two wagons pulled level with me and blocked the motorway for all the queue jumpers. :laughing: :laughing: Result, im in my bunk early. :wink: cheers drivers, a dhl wagon and an unmarked blue artic. Nice to see wagon drivers in teamwork. :open_mouth: :smiley:

Sorry Iā€™m probably not understanding this correctly, are you saying that lanes 2 and 3 were officially closed and drivers carried on using them, or are you saying that lanes 2 and 3 were open but a couple of lorry drivers decided to block them anyway.

If lanes 2 and 3 were closed by the red Xs fair enough, but if those lanes were open how was anyone jumping the queue ? :confused:

pavaroti:
M6 s/bound j10 tonight 2330hrs. 3 lanes reduced to one im in lane 1. Oh dear I thought im going to be held up big time while all the car drivers jump the queue in lane 2 and 3. Wrong! Two wagons pulled level with me and blocked the motorway for all the queue jumpers. :laughing: :laughing: Result, im in my bunk early. :wink: cheers drivers, a dhl wagon and an unmarked blue artic. Nice to see wagon drivers in teamwork. :open_mouth: :smiley:

You have know idea of what you have started on here with your " queue jumpers and lane blockers "

I take it there must of been roadworks on the M6 with clearly marked signs showing the lane closure ahead and you and your comrades decided to block the motorway because you could not bear any body to get in lane before it was your turn!
You drivers make me sick!
To coin a phrase you are a SARP Self Appointed Road Police ā€¦ (copywright Robk) who the ā– ā– ā– ā–  are you and your numbhead truck driver ā€œmatesā€ gives you the right to say who MERGES when and where ?
Have you any idea of what might be happening behing you ? All of a sudden you have a longer queue that was originally there .

" How dare somebody get in front of me " I here you say !

You and your Hi viz wearing while driving and bluetooth thingy in your ear are excatly whats wrong with the UK trucking industry.
blocking lanes and queue ā€¦ FFS mate ā€¦ get a life !!

Well who tf are the muppet car drivers to keep on overtaking slower vehicles from lane 2& 3 into 1 (typical contraflow type roadworks) failing to observe road markings and signs on their merry selfish wayā– ā– ? undue care and attention springs to my mind straight away (zbā€™s) the lot of em, had it many a time, all to save a few seconds, for them , turns into many minuets for others further behind them causing a que,because they cause others to break or slow down,

itā€™s a nice feeling giving them a choice of drive into cones or give way to traffic already in the lane they wish to join at such an unreasonable stage, as they had plenty of time to GET IN LANE1!! and thatā€™s my take on the situation

tommy t:
Well who tf are the muppet car drivers to keep on overtaking slower vehicles from lane 2& 3 into 1 (typical contraflow type roadworks) failing to observe road markings and signs on their merry selfish wayā– ā– ? undue care and attention springs to my mind straight away (zbā€™s) the lot of em, had it many a time, all to save a few seconds, for them , turns into many minuets for others further behind them causing a que,because they cause others to break or slow down,

itā€™s a nice feeling giving them a choice of drive into cones or give way to traffic already in the lane they wish to join at such an unreasonable stage, as they had plenty of time to GET IN LANE1!! and thatā€™s my take on the situation

Read this thread !!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67533&hilit=merging

Itā€™s simple really, the merge point is the point where the cones are on the road or a little bit back from there, if they wanted everyone to merge two miles further back, thatā€™s where theyā€™d put the cones :bulb: If you choose to merge early, do not be surprised when other road users (Iā€™ll be one of them) continue travelling down an unobstructed lane :open_mouth:

Can you dumb MFs not work out that when they close down a three lane road to a single lane, thereā€™s going to be a slow down/stop of the traffic flow, itā€™s not people ā€˜queue jumpingā€™ itā€™s the fact that thereā€™s only one lane that slows things down :unamused:

Does it not occur to anyone that if this practice was illegal, the filth would be all over it, handing out fixed penalties like they were going out of fashion :open_mouth:

I shake my head in disbelief when I read things like this, but then it should come as no shock really, after all Iā€™ve sat in driverā€™s waiting rooms and listened to the tripe that comes out of peopleā€™s mouths <<imagine thereā€™s a smiley here that is making the coffee bean sign>>

pavaroti:

Youā€™re an idiot. The three drivers involved in this manoeuvre should have their licences suspended. :imp: :smiling_imp:

tommy t:

So are you. Itā€™s morons like you who cause the problem by closing up the gaps and not letting people merge at the clearly defined merge point that causes the problems. :imp: :smiling_imp:

What do you do in a supermarket if someone joins a checkout with a smaller queue than the one youā€™re in? Do you sling your trolley over and block them?

Unless there are red Xā€™s above the lanes, which there werenā€™t, then those lanes are available for use. I never understand why anyone wants to make the closure longer than it already is. No one is jumping the queue, unless they crash through the cones.

jimboy124:

pavaroti:

You have know idea of what you have started on here with your " queue jumpers and lane blockers "

I take it there must of been roadworks on the M6 with clearly marked signs showing the lane closure ahead and you and your comrades decided to block the motorway because you could not bear any body to get in lane before it was your turn!
You drivers make me sick!
To coin a phrase you are a SARP Self Appointed Road Police ā€¦ (copywright Robk) who the [zb] are you and your numbhead truck driver ā€œmatesā€ gives you the right to say who MERGES when and where ?
Have you any idea of what might be happening behing you ? All of a sudden you have a longer queue that was originally there .

" How dare somebody get in front of me " I here you say !

You and your Hi viz wearing while driving and bluetooth thingy in your ear are excatly whats wrong with the UK trucking industry.
blocking lanes and queue ā€¦ FFS mate ā€¦ get a life !!

+1

FFS! I DO NOT CARE ABOUT CAR DRIVERS! :unamused: :unamused: They sure as hell donā€™t care about me. :imp:

pavaroti:
FFS! I DO NOT CARE ABOUT CAR DRIVERS! :unamused: :unamused: They sure as hell donā€™t care about me. :imp:

Exactly, so stay in lane 2 right up to the cones and go around them all :bulb:

newmercman:

pavaroti:

:laughing: End up hitting the cones more like as cars and wagons bunch up. Or shove cars into hard shoulder as merging. :laughing:

pavaroti:

What a daft attitude, some of those car drivers you dislike so much are probably lorry drivers on their way home from work, and what about the lorries that would have been held up in lane 2 by these idiots blocking the lane :unamused:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

NTSA. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

<cranks popcorn machine up and sits back and letā€™s Mark, Jim and Neil explain the simple concept to the dummies>

These guys that intentionally block lanes are numpties, itā€™s about time ā€œMerge in turnā€ was made a legal requirement and drivers that make jams even worse by not complying get nicked!
In the USA I saw traffic light systems to control traffic merging on some very busy junctions, one vehicle only allowed through on green and the next vehicle has to wait for the next green, usually where traffic was joining a major road but I saw one place in LA where two single lanes merged into one controlled by similar lights, regulars became aware of the timings and nobody needed to stop, system worked really well and was so simple.

So:- I am in lane two of a DC and 600 metres ahead, only lane 1 is open. Because the muppets (cars as well as lorries) change lanes too soon I have already sailed past half a mile of almost stationary traffic.

Now - as I get nearer I can see that the inside lane is [mostly] lorries, and I am going to have to merge in front of one of them. I know that they have been watching car after car go past them and will probably take a dim view of me doing the same. I match speeds with someone in lane one for 300 or 400 metres, thereby holding back the queue behind me, and the grateful driver alongside happily allows me in when the time comes.

Is that so different? :unamused:

pavaroti:

newmercman:

pavaroti:

:laughing: End up hitting the cones more like as cars and wagons bunch up. Or shove cars into hard shoulder as merging. :laughing:

pavaroti, are you saying that you are THAT BAD a driver?

Got to say that Iā€™ve seen more and more car drivers donā€™t even understand the 800, 600, 400, 200 yard markers and the flashing lights on the cones and nearly plough into them in light traffic conditions. Some nights Iā€™ve see the lads setting them out near enough ready to throw a cone through a windscreen.
They then slam on their brakes because the inside lane is out of bounds for them usually and itā€™s a knock on effect from then. Middle lane hogs! :imp:
Has anyone thought of ZIP MERGING?? :laughing:

streaky:
Has anyone thought of ZIP MERGING?? :laughing:

Until they make that law then for many UK drivers it will remain ā€¦ ME FIRST

I think that if itā€™s going down to one lane then there should be a staggered merge, lane 3 into 2 and then 2 into 1 over about a mile.

I have suggested this along with the European signs likening merging to a zip, however, the Ministry are not interested in this. Strange really as it could save loads in fuelā€¦oh, hang on!

Rat

How about compulsory ā€œMerge in turn hereā€ signs at the merge point, failure to comply gets you a ticket?

I guess thatā€™s just too simpleā€¦

They could have signs stating ā€˜merge in turn or you will be shotā€™ and there would still be idiots of the car and lorry driving fraternity who would ignore it for their own selfish reasons like I Must Be Ahead Of Him. Sit in the queue and make another cup of tea an a sarnie. No stress, no raised blood pressure :slight_smile: