Impatient truck drivers

And before anyone says it, no im not being sensitive, I’m just posting something on here because it’s a forum and that’s what it’s for.

Was in a queue moving slowly on a narrow bit of the road, in a queue I like to tickle along slowly to keep moving rather than keeping on coming to a complete stop and start again. So I’ve got about a 2 car gap between me and the stationary cars in front but I am still moving. Artic driver comes hammering it down towards us and as he gets close to me he realises he can’t squeeze through the gap between me and the side of the road until I had gone forward a bit. He’s leaning out of the window at me “f ing move forward”, even though I was already moving forward.

Makes me laugh at the impatience of some drivers. Tatty unmarked truck and trailer. Agency I’m guessing.

I hope the driver is on here. If it was you (near Coventry) then I hope your on here as I did try to talk back to you to ask what the issue was but you drove off after swearing at me.

why would a limper be in a hurry,they get paid by the hour for doing as little as possible over the longest period possible… :confused:

Unfortunately sign of the times, it used to be only little wheels that would do such stupid things. :frowning:

He will have been one of those teararse heroes who have not got a second to spare to go for a ■■■■. :unamused: …we all know the type.
He will have just took 9 hours (to the nearest second) off in some lay by, set for another enduring day’s challenge.
His boss will be running him into the ground daily, as he will have set himself that pace from day 1 to impress, but then found himself in the position where he has to maintain it, but too ■■■■ stupid (and too tired) to realise he is a victim of his own actions.
He will be as popular as hemorroids with his fellow drivers at his firm, as he has ■■■■ ed up every job that they have, but in his own mind he will be their no.1 driver.

Anybody on here recognise themselves?

So just let him get on with putting himself in an early grave after his eventual heart attack, while you get on with your own much less stressful job, at the leisurely pace you have set yourself, safe in the knowledge that you are the better driver, and that he is a complete prickend of the highest degree… :bulb:

I have noticed this too, here are some examples of impatient drivers that I have experienced ;
I am first at the goods in hatch, where you hand in keys and collect paperwork once tipped.
Somebody will shove their arm in front of your face and shout instructions to the Rdc staff, to jump.the queue, to get their keys/paperwork .
I am still closing trailer curtains/side buckles, and the impatient driver waiting to tip, leaves his engine running to make me go faster .

robroy:
He will have been one of those teararse heroes who have not got a second to spare to go for a ■■■■. :unamused: …we all know the type.
He will have just took 9 hours (to the nearest second) off in some lay by, set for another enduring day’s challenge.
His boss will be running him into the ground daily, as he will have set himself that pace from day 1 to impress, but then found himself in the position where he has to maintain it, but too [zb] stupid (and too tired) to realise he is a victim of his own actions.
He will be as popular as hemorroids with his fellow drivers at his firm, as he has [zb] ed up every job that they have, but in his own mind he will be their no.1 driver.

Anybody on here recognise themselves?

So just let him get on with putting himself in an early grave after his eventual heart attack, while you get on with your own much less stressful job, at the leisurely pace you have set yourself, safe in the knowledge that you are the better driver, and that he is a complete prickend of the highest degree… :bulb:

Hahaha. Very well said sir.

I bet he ran off crying that I cost him about 3 seconds by not charging up to the stationary queue only to then have to slam on.

I had a numpty a while back, heading down the 697 (one of my favourite runs) I’m stupidly early so I have cruise on at 45 taking it easy enjoying the views. A logger comes up fast behind starts straddling the white line and as close as you can get, which is all fair enough you need to let others know you want past, I’ve done it myself (i wish there was a signal you could make at this point to say ‘next opportunity mate’). Half a mile later straight stretch so I go onto the overun and move left, he comes by, gives me a wave as he is passing, I flash him back in and get a little dance on the indicators - we’re both happy - half a mile down the road I’m down to 5mph as he turning into the saw mill. WTF is that all about, did he not where he was going even though he goes there twice a day.

[/quote]
hhmmmmm…prickend■■?
as far as i concerned ladies and gentlemen,(and truckies)…that is my new buzzword for 2017…prickend…kinda rolls off the tongue with rough familiarity even though robroy has just invented it…prickend…yep…it works well in various situations…cyclist prickends,agency prickends,illegal prickends,trafic office prickends,vosa prickends,and lets not be forgetting highways agency prickends,highways agency scotland,or anywhere else prickends.H.A prickends…1 word fits all…were al prickends… :smiley:

Rowley010:
Was in a queue moving slowly on a narrow bit of the road, in a queue I like to tickle along slowly to keep moving rather than keeping on coming to a complete stop and start again. So I’ve got about a 2 car gap between me and the stationary cars in front but I am still moving. Artic driver comes hammering it down towards us and as he gets close to me he realises he can’t squeeze through the gap between me and the side of the road until I had gone forward a bit. He’s leaning out of the window at me “f ing move forward”, even though I was already moving forward.

People who insist on moving slowly instead of keeping up with the traffic create problems for other road users, I’m guessing that you’d been doing this for a while and leaving long gaps in the traffic and that’s probably what got the other drivers back up.

By crawling forward leaving long gaps in the traffic you increase the length of the queue, you only need one or two people doing this and it can block junctions that would otherwise be clear, people further back in the queue that you’re helping to create may want to leave at those junctions but can’t because of your inconsiderate driving.

edit: To add that as not all vehicles are geared the same what was a steady trickle for you may have been bloody inconvenient for the other driver, that doesn’t excuse his impatience but may go some way to explain it.

Think the 34 running up to the m40 has the most impatient drivers.!

tachograph:
By crawling forward leaving long gaps in the traffic you increase the length of the queue, you only need one or two people doing this and it can block junctions that would otherwise be clear, people further back in the queue that you’re helping to create may want to leave at those junctions but can’t because of your inconsiderate driving.

See more cars doing this now, then the queue clears, they floor it and you’re left looking like a mobile road block.
Also costing yourself driving time if you have a newer tacho.

dieseldog999:
hhmmmmm…prickend■■?
…kinda rolls off the tongue.

You could maybe have thought about a better way of putting it DD :laughing:

What a miserable exixtence it must be to have to work a job that makes a man behave like that, I feel sorry for drivers that have to drive like bank robbers usually for poor pay, they look terrible they actually look like lorry drivers massively stressed stick thin or 8 stone overweight.

They are the authors of there own misfortune the saddest thing of all is they don’t even realise it.

robroy:

dieseldog999:
hhmmmmm…prickend■■?

like it…touche :smiley:

To be fair with the modern second counting tachos constantly rolling can use a lot more driving time than stop start. I used to be a constant roller myself but now stop start instead

switchlogic:
To be fair with the modern second counting tachos constantly rolling can use a lot more driving time than stop start. I used to be a constant roller myself but now stop start instead

Same here. In traffic the fuel wed save by slow rolling is now used on stop/start to gain a little time on the card. Some of you dont need to save a few minutes? Often I dont either, but "sods law" dictates you always need the time you could have saved, but didn`t.

hhmmmmm…prickend■■?
as far as i concerned ladies and gentlemen,(and truckies)…that is my new buzzword for 2017…prickend…kinda rolls off the tongue with rough familiarity even though robroy has just invented it…prickend…yep…it works well in various situations…cyclist prickends,agency prickends,illegal prickends,trafic office prickends,vosa prickends,and lets not be forgetting highways agency prickends,highways agency scotland,or anywhere else prickends.H.A prickends…1 word fits all…were al prickends… :smiley:

I,myself,favour Bellend.
This word requires considerably less use of the facial muscles,as the “ck” part of the word requires a partial clenching of the teeth.This could be mistaken as a smile by the offending person,who may be encouraged to repeat his/her heinous offence on some future occasion.
Also,you can say bellend safely whilst eating or drinking,whereas prickend will produce a shower of fine,partly masticated bits of food,or a dribble of coffee down your chin.
Another good reason to use bellend is this…if the person that you are talking to is an expert lip reader,and as hard as nails…and confronts you in an aggressive manner…you can simply say that you were talking on your bluetooth device to your planner,who had given you a collection in Bell End,a small village near Kidderminster !!

Try it :wink: :wink:

There is also a Bell End in Leeds (well quite a few really :smiley: )
It’s a small village.

robroy:
There is also a Bell End in Leeds (well quite a few really :smiley: )
It’s a small village.

So there’s more than one Bell End in Britain ■■?
I’d never have guessed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

dieseldog999:
hhmmmmm…prickend■■?

PMSL :laughing::grimacing::wink: