Quernow Cafe?

A Good Friend of mine runs a website listing Truckstops and Roadside Cafes frequented by Truck Drivers, I recieved a call from him this morning asking about Quernow Cafe.

Basically can anyone give their honest opinion on the place, not second hand info but their own personal opinions as to what they thought of the service, the food and the facilities, i.e was the staff polite, were the facilities such as toilets clean and stocked with soap and toilet rolls etc was the food cooked well and priced reasonably, when they visited the place preferably over the past 6 months.

Also if there are any other cafes or Truckstops you feel are worth commenting on both good and bad, but please only your personal experiences, that way only genuine comments are available for the benefit of others.

Davey,
Sorry, can’t help you as I haven’t been there for years. Always liked it though and very pleased to hear it is still going.

Can help you with Nells on the A2 towards Dover. Slept-over there back in April (more than 6 months ago I know) on my last brief trip to Blighty with the caravan. A nice hot roast dinner in the evening at a reasonable price. Will stop there again at the end of this month.

Salut, David.

Hi Davey
Stopped there for the first time a few weeks ago, one of the better places I’ve been to of late.

Had my tea there, roast pork, was very good, £4.50 I think. They take your order and bring the food to you, help yourself to tea and coffee on the side.
There was the sun to look at and newspapers to read, and the telly on too.
Pretty clean, though I didnt go into the toilets.
Loads of room to park but would be too noisy for me to overnight as its next to the A1.

I would recommend it.

Merlin
Take your time

I live near by the Quernow and have been in several times - the food and service are all way good. Last time I was in was about 6 months back.

Everytime I go back on a night the car park is full to busting with trucks usually Northeast and Scots units.

Always a favourite stop off for me, i can get a good meal b4 i get home,(saving er indoors from ruining a meal) :wink:
they seem to be doing lots of improvements aswell. and there is a cdc trailer there now for all your truck related bits n bobs,
i have found the food to be well cooked presented and good quaility, the prices are reasonable aswell. and if i,m not mistaken its open all night now aswell…
5 stars for me.
compare the quern to the hovel over the road and there is nowt innit for me. :wink:

On a similar theme, I went past the Vale Truck Stop today, on the A46 South of Evesham, and are now advertising 24 hour opening for the Cafe.

I’ve phoned them up and overnight parking is £9 which includes a free evening meal + free tea and toast in the morning.

Three showers on site including female facilities.

Davey, can you pass this on accordingly - And they are now calling themselves “Route 46”

For those of you who can remember Mario’s at Worksop on the A1,well if I’m correct in saying,the owner of the Quernhow is the person who used to own Mario’s,until it had that rather large barbecue one evening. :slight_smile:

Ken.

Sent John a Link to this thread, he has a large database of truckstops and cafes etc, and some nice looking pics on the site, sorry but I’m not sure if it’s possible to put a link here for him but just think of transportcafe when calling up his site :wink:

Davey Driver:
Sent John a Link to this thread, he has a large database of truckstops and cafes etc, and some nice looking pics on the site, sorry but I’m not sure if it’s possible to put a link here for him but just think of transportcafe when calling up his site :wink:

you could always put it in the useful links forum like this

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8244

:wink: :

Dohhhhhh in true homer style :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Called in at the Quernhow on Tuesday, Davey. The place was clean, staff polite and the toilets were spotless (and indoors now btw :open_mouth: ) Some of the older visitors will remember when they used to be outside, Im sure. I only had a snack, so I cant comment too much on the food, but what other customers were eating looked ok
Regards
Trev

Used the Quernhow for a good few years, recently, it was early last year. I stopped off just for a meal, and I think it was cottage pie or summat! Anyway, allways liked the place lots of bits and bobs behind the jump as well.

Thanks for all the comments regarding Quernow Truckstop.

I have recieved a call today from Lorraine Gillett who some may recall from the BP Truckstop in Swindon, she used to work nightshift there.

Lorraine was enquiring about the hourguard, however, we got on talking and she was saying she is hoping to Open Lorrains Truckstop in Swindon formerly Halfway House within the next couple of weeks.

There is parking for 30 artics and the overnight fee will remain at £8.00 with showers being free of charge, talking to her she certainly intends to make a go of it and unlike the bigger companies insists that the driver will be treat like a real person and put first, good luck to her in her venture and dont forget to call in from the end of the month and lets see if she can put the bigger truckstops to shame.

:laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I thought I read that the person who ownes the Quernow also ownes the Little Bistro and the Cafe at the top of the A66.

Also whos rig was blown over in the car park of the Quernow on Saturday?

Looked like a Smurfit paper truck?

The Little Bistro was sold a couple of months ago according to the grapevine around this area, but I’m not sure about them owning the one on the A66.

As for the Paper Truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s like the Irishman that bought a paper shop but it blew away :laughing: :laughing:

It’s like the Irishman that bought a paper shop but it blew away

Stick to the day job Davey. :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.