Quernhow cafe

is this place still open? Shows on the tinterweb that its currently up for sale…Got Harrogate first thing Thursday, and Donny last tomoz

As far as I know it still is open parking is £7.00 comes with a free meal not the best food around scruffy inside but better than nowt

Thanks Donnyboy. Stopped there last night. £7 to park plus free meal and free tea/coffee, and free tea/coffee this morning. Facilities though do leave an awful lot to be desired. The toilets are disgusting, the shower is freezing. The meal was nice though, Beef and veg. The beef was so thick looked like the whole cow. Very nice though. Non overnighters were charged £6.50 for a meal and a quid for a brew.

Just go a bit further up the road to leeming bar much better than that dump

Very true, as i had to do Harrogate, Newcastle & Catterick this morning, swapped it round to do Catterick, Newcastle, and thrn Harrogate. Wish i had gone further up now…Next time

Went in there last night,food disgusting and toilets and showers were equally as bad,Probably use the truck park in future but i would not use their facilities,A shame really because a few years back it was THE place for good food. :frowning:

gunner1983:
Just go a bit further up the road to leeming bar much better than that dump

Hang on this thread above yours says don’t use MOTO :wink:

Pimpdaddy:

grahamzx6r:
. they are ripping us off left right and centre… boycott every one of em

+1

What do you expect for £7, When you’ve got drivers who don’t want to pay for ‘service’ provided (See for Harry comments :wink: ) so smaller places like Pontefract etc and others who can’t make a viable living don’t bother and shut up shop.

There’s a picture of trucks in the layby outside a truckstop. Too tight to pay :question: :question: But using the facilities ■■

Just send pegman off Google maps down the layby and see how many are parked there making it tight for their “comrades” to manoeuvre about the place :frowning:

speedyguy:
There’s a picture of trucks in the layby outside a truckstop. Too tight to pay :question: :question: But using the facilities ■■

The question needs to be asked, why are they there. If the employer won’t pay then what’s the driver supposed to do?

Pimpdaddy:

speedyguy:

The question needs to be asked, why are they there. If the employer won’t pay then what’s the driver supposed to do?

That question was only raised yesterday :wink:

I’m sure someone can clear up about French commercial insurance, Is it true that as part of the insurance requirements they are obliged to park in official truck parks or they may be uninsured ?

I couldn’t help but laugh at a request from a foreign govt to find out about English truckparking facilities :laughing: :laughing:.

Heck I’m not even sure of the rules in Wales & Scotland as they have their own policies and arrangements :neutral_face:

Pimpdaddy:

Find another employer or just tell our Irish traveller friends they can have as much diesel as they want from the tank for a fiver every time they knock on the door. Won’t take too many tank empties to change the bosses mind.