Putting tacho back in?

Not had to do this before but finished my driving today within my hours and had about an hours driving time left, Walked around the corner to morrisons and spot a ■■■■■ campsite set up in there car :open_mouth: After doing a bit of shopping i asked morrisons security man how long they had been there, Turned up last night and they have already spotted them entering a trailer and trying to get into a car.

So as im short on deisel and don’t fancy them on my trailer i decided to run my last hour, As i had already removed filled out tacho i just put another one in? Is this o.k or should i have used back? Also do i need to write on card? maybe “Moved due to ■■■■■ infestation”

BTW was Morrisons Bromsgrove but apparently they got notice to be gone by 10am :unamused:

As you had already filled out tacho, it is ok to use another tacho to move your vehicle as long as you write on the back of second tacho explaining why you moved and hand it in with the other tacho.

I would have used the back.

stevel:
I would have used the back.

What he said.

I cannot see a problem - put reason on second card and put 1 of 2 on 1st card and 2 of 2 on 2nd card.

On second thoughts why did you take it out? I leave mine in until the next morning when I’m on a night out and change it in the morning, Mr VOSA can see that you haven’t been up to anything then :unamused: .

schrodingers cat:
On second thoughts why did you take it out? I leave mine in until the next morning when I’m on a night out and change it in the morning, Mr VOSA can see that you haven’t been up to anything then :unamused: .

Good question as i used to leave my digi card in, Never heard of people leaving there paper tacho’s in thoungh? Ch

Cheers i will write on back of second card so im covered, Are we all agreed moving was a wise move :grimacing:

No you should have gone over to them and asked them to watch your wagon and make sure no-one stole your fuel while you were away :laughing: .

Sometimes on a Saturday morning we do overtime shunting vehicles and trailers between our major customers factory and the yard (about 2 km apart)
Due to the fact we are tipping bulkers and also moving curtainsiders and getting trucks ready for loading we can use more than one tacho in a morning.
The most i’ve used is 4 :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

You start of on front of disc use up the 3 extra spaces on the rear and then use another card etc etc etc

we just make a note on the back card 1 of 4, 2 of 4, etc etc

Never had a problem yet and never got infringement from office either, and our cards are checked rigourously (that spelling dont look right but hey ho)

Me and Limeyphil would have sneaked round the back of the ■■■■■■, firebombed them and then driven home on a fresh card :stuck_out_tongue:

Shoulda waited till they went to sleep, then drain their diesel, and see if they have anything valuable worth taking :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Woman at Morrisons i was talking to said they had moved there from the local estate because there diesel kept getting nicked doubt its true but we can only hope :smiley:

Either way is just as good as the other, I’d have used the back of the first card myself though.

schrodingers cat:

I always remove mine, there is no need to leave it in all night on rest, so why bother.

If you havent done anything illegal like drive without the card why be para about VOSA, they can’t do you for something you havent done.

Plus its handy if for some reason you need to move the truck a short distance for any reason, ive been sitting parked up in a truckstop right up at the back at night woke up, pouring rain and thought i cant be bothered getting soaked place is empty now move the truck right up to the front so right next to the truck stop.

I know i am a criminal driving for a minute or so and about 0.3km without a tachograph and deserve to be banned for life from driving HGV to save the public from my dangerous antics, but i,m lazy what can i say.

Kenny1975:

schrodingers cat:

I always remove mine, there is no need to leave it in all night on rest, so why bother.

If you havent done anything illegal like drive without the card why be para about VOSA, they can’t do you for something you havent done.

Plus its handy if for some reason you need to move the truck a short distance for any reason, ive been sitting parked up in a truckstop right up at the back at night woke up, pouring rain and thought i cant be bothered getting soaked place is empty now move the truck right up to the front so right next to the truck stop.

I know i am a criminal driving for a minute or so and about 0.3km without a tachograph and deserve to be banned for life from driving HGV to save the public from my dangerous antics, but i,m lazy what can i say.

they can see from the wee zig zag trace at the bottom if you’ve moved and tried to lie about the km’s. Yes Kenny, you are a bad bad man, lol.

Steve-o:

Kenny1975:

schrodingers cat:

they can see from the wee zig zag trace at the bottom if you’ve moved and tried to lie about the km’s. Yes Kenny, you are a bad bad man, lol.

Such short movements trace would hardly move, would be very hard to prove it had moved 0.3km. The amount of effort and hassle to prove that would hardly be worth their while done once or twice.

I think its stupid you can’t move when on a break, worked a few places where your parked up in a yard for 9 or 11 hours, nothing to eat or buy in the yard, there is a village two miles away. Instead got to walk down a country lane for 2miles which is no fun in the dark when its raining.

Ok people maybe abuse it, but could state you could move up to 10miles for refreshments whilst on a break, to stop people sitting in Manchester deciding they want a kebab in Glasgow. People could abuse it by parking near a RDC or something then half way into their break driving in get tipped, then back out bu they can check most of teh time with delivery notes etc… to see if you had done that, having a reciept from a shop or somewhere else would be enough proof.

But nah we are all crims hell bent on breaking the law lol

I can see that leaving a digi in all the time should not cause a problem but in the case of cards, if the card was left to run over the 24 hours (driver had a lie in for example), would that be an offence :question:

ROG:
I can see that leaving a digi in all the time should not cause a problem but in the case of cards, if the card was left to run over the 24 hours (driver had a lie in for example), would that be an offence :question:

Prob is some type of offence, failing to keep proper records or not using the tachograph properly.

its a good point though when i was tramping was usual at times to start at 1900 work till 0500 then not have to move again till 2200, so leaving the card in would get messy.

schrodingers cat:

its ok leaving charts in, but what happens if you are staying say 12 hrs on rest and you overlap “you have commited a offence” but letting it over lap the trace,
you should use the 1 st chart and fill the back of that chart out with time etc and then drive but you can use a 2nd chart, but that is why there is normally 3 or 4 fill outs on back of the chart for things like this or swopping from truck to truck and you stand less chance of loosing charts,