tacho

I’ve left me bloody card in the wagon on other work and I can’t get it back till tomoz hopefully If not it will be Monday now so what shall I do cause it’s going to give me infringement int it

Do a print out and do a manual entry on it.

Take 2 printouts one for you one for the office.
Write on both your error and do a manual entry on the back with a line from where you finished work then line through rest .
Yes you’ll get an infringement and probably have the VDU flashing at you the best part of the day :grimacing:
You ain’t the 1st and won’t be the last to have done it

samledger1212:
I’ve left me bloody card in the wagon on other work and I can’t get it back till tomoz hopefully If not it will be Monday now so what shall I do cause it’s going to give me infringement int it

don’t worry about the infringement…take it on the chin and claim for the overtime your tacho was on ‘other work’ :smiley:

I got it back this morning it went 1 hr over the 15hrs wtd I’ve done a print out and wrote on the back of that

samledger1212:
I got it back this morning it went 1 hr over the 15hrs wtd I’ve done a print out and wrote on the back of that

That’s not what you have to worry about, it’s the NO daily REST that would be the biggest problem :wink:
Did you do 2 printouts like I said.

Do not worry, drivers do this all the time, DVSA are human and we all make mistakes, if you are stopped at a road side check point it is no major drama, they are after repetition of fraud and forgery for tachograph offences which results in big fines and prison, for what you have done , does not fall in to that area .
When stopped by the police or the DVSA, it is all down to passing the attitude test, i open the cab door, be polite, and if i have made a mistake, admit to it, they hate it when you hide facts .

Agree with Toby123, it’s very easy for DVSA or police to see when a card has been left in unit overnight. A printout is perfect and the correct way to document the mistake and helps explain it to the boss when they analyse the data. From experiance…if I didn’t see “other work” covering a night period at least once during a check id be surprised and most the time I didn’t even ask the driver about it.