Wrong entry on tacho

I have just started work and on my third day I left my card in the tacho the next day I didn’t know how to change the manual entry and it recorded it as other work so I ended up going over my daily rest allowance and now I have an infringement is this bad what should I do

You left the card in , you can’t alter what’s written on the card.
Do 2 printouts explaining that from x to y you were on rest.

1. for you and 1 for the office.
    You’ll get an infringement but don’t stress over it we’ve all done or will do it at some point .
    Just learn and don’t do it again

nick2008:
You left the card in , you can’t alter what’s written on the card.
Do 2 printouts explaining that from x to y you were on rest.

1. for you and 1 for the office.
    You’ll get an infringement but don’t stress over it we’ve all done or will do it at some point .
    Just learn and don’t do it again

^^^This^^^

You cannot undo what’s been done so just try to learn from it and be a bit more careful in future, you’ll get an infringement but it’s not a big deal :wink:

Its no problem, if stopped by Dvsa, they know humans make mistakes, they target persistent tacho fraud, passing the attitude test when stops makes it smooth, in and out in minutes .
A few taps with the toffee hammer on wheel nuts.

Thanks for that the transport manager told me I would get a fine and now I feel like I’m doing it all wrong she can never give me any answers to any questions I have she knows nothing about lorries and I feel like she has thrown me in the deep end with no support think I’m going to jack it in as I have to keep on at her that I want to do things right and she just don’t seem to care I had to keep on at her about downloading my card she says once a month but most people I know say every day or once a week

Techno:
Thanks for that the transport manager told me I would get a fine and now I feel like I’m doing it all wrong she can never give me any answers to any questions I have she knows nothing about lorries and I feel like she has thrown me in the deep end with no support think I’m going to jack it in as I have to keep on at her that I want to do things right and she just don’t seem to care I had to keep on at her about downloading my card she says once a month but most people I know say every day or once a week

You are worrying far too much about things that you shouldn’t be.

You WILL NOT get a fine through the post for an infringement on your card. You will get a letter from your employer after each download to highlight infringements, and informing you that you MAY be fined if you had your card downloaded by the DVSA and not your employer. Your employer should also be protecting themselves by not just highlighting infringements that are more often than not just silly mistakes, but by working with you to help you avoid them in the future.

As for downloading your card, it doesn’t need to be done more often than once a month, but lots of places do because its their policy. But its exactly that; their policy, not a requirement. As a driver it is only your responsibility to make your card “available” for download, if they don’t/won’t/can’t that’s up to them. (although that would be a rather mickey mouse outfit)

I’m just spit-balling here, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say you are a bit green :laughing: have a good read of the forums, and realise there is more than one way to skin a cat, and that plenty of transport operations up and down the country run very differently, so your mate whose been at DHL for the last 10 years might have a very different view on what the rules/regs/policies are than another mate that worked on tippers for the same period. Never be afraid to ask a question, everyone was new once.

That’s good news I’m just going by what the transport manger has told me I know she doesn’t have a clue and it is definitely a Mickey Mouse run firm there so lax and I’m very ■■■■ about doing things right and thought they would give me a bit more support considering I have never been on the road before or used a tacho also she said I had an infringement on there from December I don’t know how this could be as I wasn’t even driving back then I started on the 9th of January

One of our guys had something similar. He received his driver card through the post, and started working for us and when I did his first download there was an infringement for insufficient daily rest. Which was odd as the infringement was dated from before he even received the card! I wouldn’t worry.