Pofessionals F88

my dad drove loy192p

Ha ha, I should say ‘Snap’ Gunnerheskey, I was laid up this time last year after an op on my heel too, so also watched all the Sweeney, Professionals etc and kept a look out for all the old motors, great stuff. There are some even older 50’s films on Freeview Channel 81 Talking Pictures, Hell Drivers has been on a few times and no doubt will be coming around again. Many of the films shown I’ve never heard of but there are some very good street scenes in some of them along with vehicles from that era. Nice to see clean roads and pathways too, why can’t it be like that today! Cheers Franky.

Why have all the VOLVO badges gone :confused: even Volvo F88 off the door :open_mouth: :confused: :frowning:

Just noticed today the 60’s film The Hijackers with Tony Booth as the lead in his LAD Albion is being shown on Channel 81 Monday morning but its quite early 06:00 until 07:20, I haven’t seen it for a while so will set the recorder up, I doubt I’ll be up at that time now I’m retired! Franky.

Frankydobo:
Just noticed today the 60’s film The Hijackers with Tony Booth as the lead in his LAD Albion is being shown on Channel 81 Monday morning but its quite early 06:00 until 07:20, I haven’t seen it for a while so will set the recorder up, I doubt I’ll be up at that time now I’m retired! Franky.

Go on youtube it’s on there, The Hijackers

Ossie

Tony Bradfields old Volvo 88 H reg, used to be a sixwheeler, shame he cut the back axle off to get the weight down, nice old motor…

Ossie

Lance Biscomb:
Why have all the VOLVO badges gone :confused: even Volvo F88 off the door :open_mouth: :confused: :frowning:

hi lance,
I would hazard a guess at TV advertising rules? i wonder where they put them m8?
regards andrew.

pete 359:

Lance Biscomb:

hi lance,
I would hazard a guess at TV advertising rules? i wonder where they put them m8?
regards andrew.

The one on the telly has the badges still on it. It’s the sister vehicle that has been de-badged. Good thinking though. :laughing:

gunnerheskey:
Just been trawling through the IMCDB web site ( superb ) at the professionals page and it s got the afore mentioned volvo down as an F89 :open_mouth:
Its definately an F88-290, you can tell by the lower grill protruding, plus its a P reg, think the last 89s were N reg, (may be wrong ) also you could clearly see the cyclone air intake on the programme…

Plus F89 only came in left hand drive.

John McVey:

gunnerheskey:
Just been trawling through the IMCDB web site ( superb ) at the professionals page and it s got the afore mentioned volvo down as an F89 :open_mouth:
Its definately an F88-290, you can tell by the lower grill protruding, plus its a P reg, think the last 89s were N reg, (may be wrong ) also you could clearly see the cyclone air intake on the programme…

Plus F89 only came in left hand drive.

I had an 89 on T reg best truck they made !!

Whilst watching an episode of the Professionals called " Heroes ", imagine to my delight when this F88 290 popped up on the 42’ plasma.
Thank god for sky+. Managed to pause it and take a pic with my phone, hence the camera flash spots, other than that near perfect.
ITV 4s awesome for 70s & 80s vehicle nostalgia, the sweeney, professionals, minder and randall and hopkirk(deceased) .

With a Ryder truck rental trailer as well… :grimacing:

Theres a couple of episodes of the sweeney ( which ones■■? ) that have Ford Transcons in them :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

thats my guilty secret that is … i do like to look at the old motors in these old type shows… so shooot me … :blush:

bowser:
thats my guilty secret that is … i do like to look at the old motors in these old type shows… so shooot me … :blush:

Some of the older B/W shots in London are un-believable now,so little traffic,and the early shots of the M1 where you need binoculars to see if there is anything on the opposite lane,magic!! Bewick.

Bewick:

bowser:

Some of the older B/W shots in London are un-believable now,so little traffic,and the early shots of the M1 where you need binoculars to see if there is anything on the opposite lane,magic!! Bewick.

yep i’ve noticed the same , all that open uncovered tarmac makes me wonna scream … :imp:

On an earlier professionals program, there was a Superb shot the other week of a Cadwallader DAF 2800 pulling away from traffic lights in london with a tandem axel flat, roped and sheeted, sound affects aswell… Nearly wet myself… :laughing:
Saw those episodes of the sweeney with the Transcons on the other week, red and white P-regs, the owner was revving the pants off one, great to hear that hummin ■■■■■■■■

And then to top it all off Bodie comes flying down the street sceeches to a halt in a white trumph dolomite sprint :smiley: " heaven ". Lord take me now… Oh and by the way YES i have got too much time on my hands at the mo, laid up with an achilles rupture… :cry: :cry:

There’s a huge website dedicated to vehicles in films, including those you posted and loads of other 70s UK TV shows, I’m browsing on mobile this week and can’t find it but IIRC it’s connected to IMDB in some way

I found it ages ago while Googling the rare Volvo CH230, and if that’s on there anything could be!

There’s a huge website dedicated to vehicles in films, including those you posted and loads of other 70s UK TV shows, I’m browsing on mobile this week and can’t find it but IIRC it’s connected to IMDB in some way

I found it ages ago while Googling the rare Volvo CH230, and if that’s on there anything could be!

Edit: found it - imcdb.org - enjoy, but don’t forget to go to bed!!

jj72:

Edit: found it - imcdb.org - enjoy, but don’t forget to go to bed!!

dam it man you done it now… thats me day off … :unamused: