Old 8mm film of trucks 1970s

I posted this in my F86 rebuild but then thought some of you may miss it there. My Dad did the filming the trucks belong to S A bell ofMalton. I think the ERF is a Humber Wharehouse and our Volvos and BMC plus my Dads Km Bedford
Then some F88s and Scania’s boarding the ferry in Hull

I hope Bewick does’nt watch the clip or that Humber ERF driver might get word about sheeting

Brilliant piece of film Philip,pure nostalgia of the days when drivers knew how to load lorries.I enjoyed watching that.
Cheers Dave.

The driver of the LV ERF gets no points for his attempt at sheeting a nice square load and he cant even get that reasonably tight. Eddie.

brilliant film love the 86 110 240 88 proper drivers regards rowland

Pure nostalgia, thanks for posting!

erfguy:
The driver of the LV ERF gets no points for his attempt at sheeting a nice square load and he cant even get that reasonably tight. Eddie.

Great Film that pal enjoyed it that driver of the ERF must have been a driver for Sharpies Barnsley :imp: :blush: :smiley: :smiley: ( just wait for the replies haha)

And not one Big J/240 Gardner to be seen!

Brilliant bit of film,pity there is not more like that to be watched makes me realize just how old i am,thanks Philip cheers Buzzer.

Good bit of film Phillip enjoyed thanks.Mike.

Would you believe it! Just last week an old 8mm film turned up after after 34 years in my mates attic that he took when he came for a trip with me to the North East. I took it to a shop in Gorleston and they have sent it away to be put on a disc, it will take up to four weeks. Cost me £40.00 though! Cheers Haddy.

Good film Philip, some great memories there.

haddy:
Would you believe it! Just last week an old 8mm film turned up after after 34 years in my mates attic that he took when he came for a trip with me to the North East. I took it to a shop in Gorleston and they have sent it away to be put on a disc, it will take up to four weeks. Cost me £40.00 though! Cheers Haddy.

Looking forward to seeing it Haddy.

Lovely bit of old film Philip ! Loved the docks bit at the end haven’t seen so many 88’s in one place for years !! :laughing: got any more ■■

Regards Jimski

Fred Wrights Transport Selby.

yorkyjoy:
Fred Wrights Transport Selby.

What are they moving in those wide crates yorkyjoy ? Good bit of film.
Cheers Dave.

The crates contained machinery castings, on thier way from Lep transport Goole to Liverpool docks. Where they were lifted off by the floating crane which came across from Birkenhead docks specially to lift them straight into the waiting ship. The trip took them two days from Goole to Liverpool stopping at the eastern end of the 580/East Lancs Rd, then into Liverpool docks next day. Then a full day to unload.

Thanks for the info yorkyjoy.That operation would have took a bit of organising.
Cheers Dave.

This is not Selby Carnival that was just put on to identify the clip, but it has some real old trucks in it. Also filmed by Fred Wright from the haulage company.