Pofessionals F88

This shiny new beast was in the new Avengers about 1976/77

Jerry

Do any of you older ones remember ‘The Brothers’? I remember one of the episodes when they had a brand new Transcon on demo & one of the characters sat in the cab saying it was out of this world compared to the Seddons . ‘Going straight’ with Ronnie Barker - Lenny Godber had a 290 F88 , ‘Butterflies’ - Nicolas Lyndhurst drove a Merc 1628? artic & reversed it in there driveway .

Is that a bit of rag hanging from the mirror of the F88? Could never see the point of doing it on the drivers side :confused:
Dont see that nowadays :stuck_out_tongue:

Denzil had a Daf 2800 in Only Fools and horses as well, drove from Peckham to Hull empty in one episode, (well with Delboy in the back :smiley:)

gunnerheskey:
Saw those episodes of the sweeney with the Transcons on the other week, red and white P-regs, the owner was revving the pants off one, great to hear that hummin ■■■■■■■■

The episodes featuring the Transcons are ‘Visiting Fireman’,‘Drag Act’ and ‘Nightmare’.

All the same kind of colour scheme which i would say means that they come from the Press Motor Pool.

Suedehead:
Is that a bit of rag hanging from the mirror of the F88? Could never see the point of doing it on the drivers side :confused:
Dont see that nowadays :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t see it “nowadays” because just about all trucks now have heated rear view mirrors so don’t need old style cloth ‘wipers’ & the idea of putting one on the drivers side was to save winding your window down (every 5 mins) and letting the cold in to wipe the mirror.

Ross.

bowser:

jj72:
There’s a huge website dedicated to vehicles in films, including those you posted and loads of other 70s UK TV shows, I’m browsing on mobile this week and can’t find it but IIRC it’s connected to IMDB in some way

I found it ages ago while Googling the rare Volvo CH230, and if that’s on there anything could be!

Edit: found it - imcdb.org - enjoy, but don’t forget to go to bed!!

Mmmmmmmmm - logged on to the site when i read this message at 2300 and just realised that its now 0235 in the morning. absolutely brilliant. Thanks for the link. :laughing: :laughing:

tonyhogi:
Do any of you older ones remember ‘The Brothers’? I remember one of the episodes when they had a brand new Transcon on demo & one of the characters sat in the cab saying it was out of this world compared to the Seddons . ‘Going straight’ with Ronnie Barker - Lenny Godber had a 290 F88 , ‘Butterflies’ - Nicolas Lyndhurst drove a Merc 1628? artic & reversed it in there driveway .

The F88 290 Lenny godber had in going straight was i think XJO 916R, Edwin Shirley’s had XJO 913R and 3300 john on here’s F88 290 is of the same batch XJO ***R, must’ve been a good batch the XJO’s

gunnerheskey:

tonyhogi:

The F88 290 Lenny godber had in going straight was i think XJO 916R, Edwin Shirley’s had XJO 913R and 3300 john on here’s F88 290 is of the same batch XJO ***R, must’ve been a good batch the XJO’s

I had an F88 reg. XJO 883R on Swallows. Was eventually painted in Cadwallader colours and I saw it featured on the front cover of an old “Truck” magazine. Anyone know which edition??

volvof10:

bowser:

jj72:
There’s a huge website dedicated to vehicles in films, including those you posted and loads of other 70s UK TV shows, I’m browsing on mobile this week and can’t find it but IIRC it’s connected to IMDB in some way

I found it ages ago while Googling the rare Volvo CH230, and if that’s on there anything could be!

Mmmmmmmmm - logged on to the site when i read this message at 2300 and just realised that its now 0235 in the morning. absolutely brilliant. Thanks for the link. :laughing: :laughing:

You’re more than welcome - sorry about the lack of sleep but I did warn you :laughing:

Think they may have had a clear out, I’m sure the F88 and F12 had more pages :frowning:

what about eastenders dots husbands truck scania111 humpries pink panther?

jj72:

volvof10:

bowser:

jj72:

You’re more than welcome - sorry about the lack of sleep but I did warn you :laughing:

Think they may have had a clear out, I’m sure the F88 and F12 had more pages :frowning:

Teehee!!! - sleep wasnt an option - I’m supposed to be working!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Just been trawling through the IMCDB web site ( superb ) at the professionals page and it s got the afore mentioned volvo down as an F89 :open_mouth:
Its definately an F88-290, you can tell by the lower grill protruding, plus its a P reg, think the last 89s were N reg, (may be wrong ) also you could clearly see the cyclone air intake on the programme…

gunnerheskey:
Just been trawling through the IMCDB web site ( superb ) at the professionals page and it s got the afore mentioned volvo down as an F89 :open_mouth:
Its definately an F88-290, you can tell by the lower grill protruding, plus its a P reg, think the last 89s were N reg, (may be wrong ) also you could clearly see the cyclone air intake on the programme…

OOps should’ve done my research 1st :blush: :blush: You could still get 89s up to S - Reg… :blush: :blush:

There was also an F88 in an episode of Minder that nearly ran over two guys fighting in the street.
The truck skidded to a halt whilst the two fighting rolled underneath the trailer.

tonyhogi:

Hiya …the brothers programn was,nt that in Hammonds of southampton yard
John

From the sweeney