Please help, advice needed

I started at a agency 4 weeks ago and have been offered a full time job else where while working for the agency, whats the situation regarding notice? can the agency charge a fee?

thanks como

IF YOU asked the company where you were an agency worker no prob but if THEY asked you then it is usual for the agency to charge the company

last time i was in that situation, i was offered the job, told agency,they agreed two weeks with them ,then full time with new company.

that way both was happy.

no chance, just tell them you have found a full time job, but do it nicely as you may want to work for them again in the future

If the agency pay you weekly, give them a full weeks notice explaining that you have been offered a full time position. They will no doubt ask you where you are going and tell them what you feel comfy with. If you are paid monthly, explain your situation to the agency and see how soon they will let you go. Most agencies are acomodating in this area and will just be glad you have not just up’d sticks. Good luck

Just don’t burn your bridges as it were… :sunglasses:

como78:
I started at a agency 4 weeks ago and have been offered a full time job else where while working for the agency, whats the situation regarding notice? can the agency charge a fee?

thanks como

Not leagely as an Agency told me last

Cheers all and thanks, Im just worried that they might charge a silly fee which may make them withdraw the offer :cry:

You don’t mention if the job offer is with a co. you have worked for through the agency or not?

If not, it has absolutely nothing to do with them.

Agencies are 10 a penny, creaming money off driver’s backs for making a few phone calls. Usually at least £3 an hour out of you. Treat them the way they treat you.

The stunts some agencies try to pull beggar belief. Recently had one try to get away with paying me £20 for nights out when they are charging the co. £27!

I was told by a company that i did two days work (inc a night out) for that they would gladly take me on fulltime and even get me onto euro work following another driver to learn the job only problem was that they wouldn’t be able to do it for 6 months from the time i agencied for them as they would charge a fortune in “introduction fee’s” that was just over 2 months ago and its since turned out that the wifes changed her tune and doesn’t want me away from home anymore (if they had taken me on then i would have been free now :imp: ) :laughing: :laughing: