Agency to permanent

The company I was working for via agency some time ago asked me to fill the application form. I came back today as I was passing by and did it, and before I came home, I had a phone call if I can start tomorow for a few weeks (but it might lead to something more, I hope).

I told them true, which was that I am booked with an agency for next four days, but they told me that they will deal with that and went to phone agency.

Soon agency called me, we had a wee chat, when I told them the true, that I was offered a job, but I told that I work for them, they asked me if I worked for the company behind their back (and I told them no, which is off course true) and now, after some castling I am booked for the next days with the company offering me a job.

I guess if they want me for longer, they would prefere to skip agency charges. From the other hand, this agency was always fair to me, and I know that there is some rule that I can’t go and work straight for their customer…

I guess I have to work for the company via agency for another 6 weeks (?) before they can just “take over” me. But is there any way to make this period shorter? Can the company negotiate it with an agency? There is a huge competition between them, so I guess they won’t fight for one driver if they can loose the whole contract.

But I want to be fair to both sides, the option of working directly for them and lying to the agency that I am working somewhere else somehow is not my cup of tea… Last but not least, in case that the job will be ceased after this few weeks, I don’ t want to burn my bridges behind, especially that this one has some nice jobs arround and they always treatet me fair (I even discovered recently, that I was always paid the proper rate, even while at the same time they were employing some drivers and paying them much less)…

What do you think about this situation? What would you do? Just sit back and let them work it out between themselves? Or I should try to get involved as it’s all about me?

And all this is because I made my own website advertising me available for job as I have some time to spare over the weekend. This is a great form of advertisement and it works! I haven’t even finished it yet, nor I posted it over the internet, and it works already :smiley: