Agency v Full Time

Hi All

I guess you are going to say its a no brainer.

However ive been offered full time class2 work
The predicament ive got is this.
Agency got me class1 work even with only 1 years experience.However im thinking is it just because its the lead upto xmas im getting good regular agency work regardless of experience.I was hoping to try and impress the firm im with and hopefully get fulltime work with them as obviously i want class 1 work.
Do i gamble or go where ive got regular work.

Thanks
Stan

The problem with your theory is that the company would have to pay the agency if they wanted to employ you which puts you at a disadvantage, some companies will directly employ agency drivers but most won’t unless you have skills they need.

If your happy with the rigid work then go for it until you can get regular artic work :wink:

As far as the agency getting you artic work is concerned, it’s the old story, when the needs are there they forget about everything they’ve said until the need is no longer there :unamused:

take the fulltime work even though its only class 2 work. because after xmas youll get next to nothing for months.

dont actually know why anyone needs to ask this daft question.

Take the full time class 2. Unless you’re in a position to have a “quiet word” with someone who matters at the placement you’re on and establish whether there is regular class 1 to be had. Certainly it can be a way in, but as Tachograph pointed out, the agency will normally charge the client if they want to employ you direct.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete

For answering my daft question :blush: :unamused:

much appreciated Stan

daft question

IMO the “daft question” is the one you don’t ask!! Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I would echo what Gogzy and Peter said. Take the offer of full time work now. A major drawback when working through the agency can be that the company will not consider any agency staff for vacancies as they will get billed for a recruitment fee. It would be worth asking if this is the case at your current assignment. Just don’t ask the agency!

Hi,

One thing to look out for that i had trouble with on agency, was the company your working for promising to take you on and then not doing so. I had two different companies pull that trick and even asking me to leave that agency and register with another one and carry on working there for less money.