picture wanted

was just wondering if anyone had any info or pics of ernest thorpes of sheffield?

thanks in advance

hia. i have been through my pic’s and i only have pic’s of the preseved atki’s. there are some pic’s of them on ccmv.fotopic.net/. the restorations are very good.

All taken in the mid-1980s at Thurgoland

them photos are very good. shame they are not still there for the parts. i went up to see the workshop man about a gear stick top for my landy, for got his name he was a thorpe? but he couldent fined it. fab chap tho. a no rob pardoe ended up with one of thorpes, a think its in his yard.

road-ranger:
them photos are very good. shame they are not still there for the parts. i went up to see the workshop man about a gear stick top for my landy, for got his name he was a thorpe? but he couldent fined it. fab chap tho. a no rob pardoe ended up with one of thorpes, a think its in his yard.

I didn’t think that Robert Pardoe had had a Thorpe’s motor? He buy a green Borderer, RWU 109M, but it was ex Robert Fletcher Papers. The Borderer that he actually worked (RBO 716M) had been local to him, I think. I was part of the little gang that made the sleeper pod for him.

Robert took RWU to a workshop near Preston to ask them to get it MOT’d for him, and asked them if they could have it ready by a certain date. Standing looking at the thing, their response was, “Which year?” I think he took it home for a spares source after that!

And was it Michael Thorpe that you saw?

thanks for the super pictures,please keep em coming… :smiley:

240 Gardner:

road-ranger:

I didn’t think that Robert Pardoe had had a Thorpe’s motor? He buy a green Borderer, RWU 109M, but it was ex Robert Fletcher Papers. The Borderer that he actually worked (RBO 716M) had been local to him, I think. I was part of the little gang that made the sleeper pod for him.

Robert took RWU to a workshop near Preston to ask them to get it MOT’d for him, and asked them if they could have it ready by a certain date. Standing looking at the thing, their response was, “Which year?” I think he took it home for a spares source after that!

And was it Michael Thorpe that you saw?

yep thats the chap. the only reson i said that about robs is because i have a “trucking” mag from 1995, am in there it says that he bought a 220■■■■■■■ from preston and it was one of thorpes? it go’s on to say that it was damaged when been backed off the lowloader. he gave me the road ranger gear stick out of the truck wich is now in my landy. i have just rung rob and he says he thinks it was one of thorpes, but he hasent got the log book now and hasent got any pic’s.