Bratford

I’m well impressed at the Southampton thread - but everyone knows where “The Cradle of International Haulage” :wink: was - Yorkshire!

Anyone care to start off with any tales of Jack Ashworth’s, P&M, Renwick’s, Gordon Morley et al?

sorry jj mid late 80s all i can remember i will ask some of the old boys :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hi there is a thread regarding james c ashworth only two photos at the moment but early days.I will try and put the two photos i have on there is my dads seddon atkinson dww967t loaded with tractors and dennis robson in dunkirk with a double deck bailer trailer on his f10 nub98v any other pics would be greatly appreciated

peterq5422:
hi there is a thread regarding james c ashworth only two photos at the moment but early days.I will try and put the two photos i have on there is my dads seddon atkinson dww967t loaded with tractors and dennis robson in dunkirk with a double deck bailer trailer on his f10 nub98v any other pics would be greatly appreciated

where can i find the jca thread please peter? i have tried for years to find even a single photo of the cab trailers to no avail - i built a model of one and in the end had to go on verbal details from their (a-one’s) old transport manager

who is your dad by the way, he’ll doubtless know eric and gary watkiss, frank mcquaid, jimmy macbride, jimmy (rip) and hubert tulley

hi my dad is bob quirie and i do know frank mcquaid we, have a drink on boxing day and have done for 20 years the fleece at allerton just next to the hill top yard is like an unnoficial yearly get together if you look on old time lorries on page 1 or 2 there are 2 photos one is the vintage restored by jack ashworth and the other is of awr 973s the erf my dad drove mainly on the tractor cab job but rope and sheet load this time

did you build tractor cabs and a unit to go with the cab trailer if so do you still have it,would a picture be possible.I have often thought about building one its on my to do list!!

peterq5422:
did you build tractor cabs and a unit to go with the cab trailer if so do you still have it,would a picture be possible.I have often thought about building one its on my to do list!!

i did but don’t think i have any photos of it - was exhibited at gaydon in 2006 and 2007

heres acouple i found on eurowheels

remember jacksons jj

you know longs but do you know who the driver was■■?

easy - johnny upton, did a few trips to spain with john, love to catch up with him

and do i remmber billy jackson - larger than life if ever there was one, won’t bore you with some of the scams he pulled, but i always remember he came into our place one morning saying his car was shagged and he’d had to come down from clayton on the bus, first time he’d been on the top deck for 20 years and he needed a stiff drink to get over the trauma :laughing: you had to be there

john lives in spain i worked in the warehouse for jacko when he was nightspeed your right he was a character :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

oh right - you’ll already know about some of bill’s scams then :laughing: it always made me laugh they way he went on with roy howarth, bit like ernie wise to bill’s eric morcambe if you will

i reckon the driver in that photo might have been brian crabtree, maybe before your time?

there was a portuguese wagon and drag one friday evening looking for his place to load for us, and the prat went and hit the railway bridge up birkshall lane - billy attended and when some “well meaning” member of the public started writing down the reg number, he decided to throw half a brick in the bloke’s direction, just to encourage him to stop his scribblings :unamused: :laughing:

if we just carry on waffling to each other like this we MIGHT catch them southampton boys up yet :wink:

Here you are boys I’ll help you catch up with a post!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Found this the good old days of transport in Bradford!!

Delivering an engine cylinder through the streets of Bradford to the Railway Station for onward transport.

Regards Pat (Southampton) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i remember brian couldnt think of his first name :blush: his son mick worked at night speed old crabby used to load wool out of longs for jacko and that is his motor so i believe your right mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ainacs:
Here you are boys I’ll help you catch up with a post!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Found this the good old days of transport in Bradford!!

Delivering an engine cylinder through the streets of Bradford to the Railway Station for onward transport.

Regards Pat (Southampton) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was in Bratford the week before last & they’ve still got that motor, they’ve kept it on to get around the LEZ, asked the driver about it but he was Polish :laughing: :laughing:

one firm has been going for years and the other about to celebrate its 10th year both smart livery usera.imagecave.com/peterq5422/scan0001.jpg
usera.imagecave.com/peterq5422/scan0002.jpg

one old one new one no more think i have sussed how to get pics on at last
!(imagecave.com - contact with domain owner | Epik.com
!(imagecave.com - contact with domain owner | Epik.com
))

peterq5422:
one firm has been going for years and the other about to celebrate its 10th year both smart livery usera.imagecave.com/peterq5422/scan0001.jpg
usera.imagecave.com/peterq5422/scan0002.jpg