Photocard license

My brother wants to apply for his provisional to do his class 2, he’s had his medical and his photo (he has the old-style paper only license), now, to apply for the provisional he’ll need to upgrade to photo card I assume, but of course someone will need to sign the photo, what else will he have to send off? He doesn’t have a passport so does this leave birth certificate - or am I just on the completely wrong lines here, I haven’t a clue as I had the photo card from word go so it was much easier for me…would greatly appreciate any advice :slight_smile:

DVLA link:

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr … DG_4022091

why not call the DVLA helpline and ask about the LicenCe

Sions:
My brother wants to apply for his provisional to do his class 2, he’s had his medical and his photo (he has the old-style paper only license), now, to apply for the provisional he’ll need to upgrade to photo card I assume, but of course someone will need to sign the photo, what else will he have to send off? He doesn’t have a passport so does this leave birth certificate - or am I just on the completely wrong lines here, I haven’t a clue as I had the photo card from word go so it was much easier for me…would greatly appreciate any advice :slight_smile:

If anyone has an up to date passport that will identify them without certifying the photo,

Otherwise just ask someone reliable to guarantee it as a true likeness. I used my local barmaid who is also a parish Councillor.

DVLA Say:
The person signing your photo

The person must:

live in the UK
know you personally (for at least two years)
not be a relative

Suitable people include:

a local business person or shopkeeper
a librarian
a professionally qualified person, for example, a lawyer, teacher or engineer
a police officer
a bank or building society officer
a civil servant
a minister of religion
a magistrate
a local councillor, MP, AM, MEP or MSP

Hiya,
when I applied to swap my paper license for my first phootcard license,
I didn’t get the back of the photo signed. I sent my passport with the application
instead.

License was issued with no problem.

LandyLad