HELP applying for Provisional Licence

I am just filling out my provisional licence. Unsure about a couple of things. I will be learning to drive HGV lorries both class 2 and class ones so do tick C, C1 and C1+E?

Also my photo from my car licence is 9 years old and I was only about 15 (am 25 now) so do I need to send a new photo with my licence or not? And if I did then would my car licence be updated as well?

You want C as if you pass that you get the others automatically.
As for photo I would send a new one in . You do still have a year so you could hold off, but that’s my opinion.

Tick C & D only on the D2 form

No point in changing photo yet

You can update your photo online IF you have passport issued within the last 5 years. The same picture is used by the DVLA. You still have to pay the £20 however.

ROG:
Tick C & D only on the D2 form

No point in changing photo yet

ROG is right - to explain - C is what you need, when you pass C you get provisional C+E automatically. Ticking D just means that if you ever want to drive buses you already have the provisional license. Might as well!

Hello,

In D2 form section “H - Driving while we have your application form” says:
Provisional licences
If you are applying for your first lorry or bus (vocational) provisional licence, you must not drive until you receive your licence.

Is this true - if I apply for provisional, I’ m not allowed to drive normal car while waiting for licence to come back■■?

No mate…it is referring to vocational license only i.e LGV. Can still driver your car with license if you have full car license.

ok, thank you very much for quick reply

I thought so as well, just was a bit confused since it didn’t specify this on form