Help needed filling in d2 form

hi guys,

sorry if this seems a bit daft but i was after some help filling in my d2 application form

i have a full car photo licence and want to add category c as a provisional class but is this my 1st provisional entitlement or an additional provisional entitlement?

also as i am entering my passport number does that count as proof of identity?

my photocard runs out in 2018 do i still need to send a new photo?

thanks for your help in these matters. am not normally this dense but forms addle my brain

simon

Hi Simon,

As you have a full photo licence you don’t need to prove your identity, they already know who you are.
You don’t have to send a new photo either as your old one has not expired yet.
Just tick the boxes at the top of the form for C and D, Tick D even if you have no intention of driving a bus as it will be added to your provisional entitlement, that way if you ever did decide too you would not need another medical.

Hope this help :smiley:

Des

cheers des you cleared up most of it but there are 2 bits where i can tick for class c etc one is headed “first provisional entitlement” and the second is headed “additional provisional entitlement” both have the same options of class. and dvla are really ■■■■ when it comes to the right boxes being ticked so i dont want to tick the wrong set

thanks simon

I’ve not got a d2 to take a look at, but from memory right up the top of the page there was boxes C1,C,D its those ones you tick and yes it would be first provisional unless you have had that category on your licence before :smiley:

Des

Make sure your D4 medical is all good before you send it as if there any silly mistakes on it that can create problems and delays, its easier to get the Dr to change it before its sent as if anything is wrong the medical dept get envolved and it can take weeks to sort out.

Des

thanks for that and yes i will be checking everything very carefully before i send it off

simon