PC brigade at it again!

I just read an article in the paper about a complaint to a City council.

Apparently someone had suggested that using the phrase “singing from the same hymn sheet” was insulting to other religions or even atheists.

Now while I welcome someone taking an interest in my non beliefs. I cannot help but think this is another pile of crap that will cost money and keep another 25 civil servants in work.

Ridiculous isn’t it, you have to wonder why these people can’t find something useful to do with their lives instead of pouring out this type of so called politically correct garbage :unamused:

i’ll run this up the flag pole to see who salutes. At the end of the day I feel insulted by any one who talks using dodgey cliches do you know what i mean

Yeah, you gotta take the helicopter view before you start your blue sky thinking.

So, I take it a figure of speech is redundant now then ? Could only happen in this country.

Heard this on the radio the other day.
We are not to use the term “west Indian” when refering to a certain group of ethnic minorty’s because it is not a term they use in their home country

:question: :question: :unamused: :unamused: :question: :question:
WTF

Maybe not, but I’m sure the term “one way ticket to Heathrow please” is.

Just found out that the eldest lad isn’t allowed to eat from his lunchbox at school or his cup/flask thingy, he has to get a plate and a glass, the official reason is so he doesn’t feel inferior and is the same as the other kids :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: .

I’ve just gone ■■■■■■ ballistic at the headteacher, I told her that my son doesn’t feel inferior, cos he doesn’t like the school dinners and prefers packed lunches and as for insinuating that those on packed lunches are from inferior/less affluent families is an ■■■■■■ joke (I didn’t say ■■■■■■ I actually said ■■■■■■■). Parents that have never worked a day in their lives and on the dole get their kids dinners paid for, so the reverse is true.
She said she’d pass my comments on to the governors :confused: .

Is it me or has the world gone mad :confused: , I’m gonna teach him Polish convert him to Islam and get some brown face paint, then he’ll be the most normal kid in school :imp: :imp: :imp: .

on the news pakistan is now pronounced parkistan.
When i was a kid it was a parky that used to chase us of the grass now they offer to sell you it.

Is it me or has the world gone mad :confused: , I’m gonna teach him Polish convert him to Islam and get some brown face paint, then he’ll be the most normal kid in school
[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .Take it easy Baz. You,ll have Trevor Phillips knocking at your front door any time now, accompanied by the PC Section of the Thought Police. Whatever you do , don,t give your lad any Sossidge Sarnies in his lunchbox., :unamused: