Paying for training

hi all
was just wondering what method of payment most ppl do. Got my artic coming up and they want £200 deposit (fair enough) but they want the rest in cash two weeks before course. I know they are a ligit company cus i’ve heard you lot talk bout them and seen plenty of their wagons. just thought its a bit strange? not many compnays deal with cash these days do they

seems a bit wierd that they want cash, i would be a bit suspicious about this, as i guess you are thats why you have asked.

have you asked them if they take cards? as this would give you a little bit of come back should something go wrong with the company.

just be wary what ever you decide to do, especially in the current economic climate.

i dont know if there is a way of checking thier recent finances but i’m sure someone will tell you if there is.

good luck though and tread carefully mate

tramp:
hi all
was just wondering what method of payment most ppl do. Got my artic coming up and they want £200 deposit (fair enough) but they want the rest in cash two weeks before course. I know they are a ligit company cus i’ve heard you lot talk bout them and seen plenty of their wagons. just thought its a bit strange? not many compnays deal with cash these days do they

tramp:
thanks a lot everyone but after much research and ringing round i think im going to go with west midlands transport training. Now all ive got to do is save up!

not heard anything amiss with this company but others may know

hello rog,
well i’m not going with them now cus it was a bit too far to be driving to. This company i’m talking about is eastern lgv training in tysley.

if a company goes ■■■■ up do i get a refund if i pay with card? what about if i pay with cash? no refund?

tramp:
if a company goes ■■■■ up do i get a refund if i pay with card?

This should give you some protection, especially if it’s a credit card as opposed to a debit card. Paying cash will offer no protection. Also, if they want payment 2 weeks ahead what’s wrong with a cheque?

tramp:
hello rog,
well i’m not going with them now cus it was a bit too far to be driving to. This company i’m talking about is eastern lgv training in tysley.

if a company goes ■■■■ up do i get a refund if i pay with card? what about if i pay with cash? no refund?

Know of them and their instructors - they do their reversing at long marston airfield near Statford-upon-avon - met lots of their trainees - all seem happy.

I dealt with many sad folks who lost there money early this year when clearstone went bust - take my advice only pay with credit card, if they don’t take it go to a school that will…