the lgv training company.

Hi all the job centre are paying for my class 2 and my cpc.

They have chosen the company the lgv training company. thelgvtrainingcompany.co.uk/ these.

has anyone had any dealings with them and know what there like??

Cheers Ash

They appear to be a broker but in this case I will be positive because DWP are paying the fees so look forward to the whole experience and love every minute.

You do have the protection that you can speak to your advisor if things go wrong and they will be able to sort any problems out.

Even though you are not paying do not accept excuses / delays / poor service. Without you they would have no purchase order. You are the customer.

Echo the above post

If you were paying then I would have advised against them and to go visit a school before parting with any money

But … as you are not paying … you dont get the choice so make the most of it - and have FUN

Hi ash yeah like others have said wouldnt worry about them as dwp would of done some checks to make sure they are legit as mentioned tho you are still the customer so dont accept a ■■■■ service and good luck

thanks guys. I think they give the work to other training companies in my area which if they do i should get either 3 of the training providers that i would of used if i had my own money. But will find all this out in due course i expect.

Out of interest what criteria did you have to meet to get the course paid for?

I had funding for cpc and class 2 you need to be unemployed and can show proof of a job offer if you had the right training and licence

This is very intresting i had’nt heard if you were unempluyed the job cetra would found getting a class 2. this gives me alot to think about as I will be being made redundant in the coming weeks. this is why i was getting a lorry licents. I was going to pay using my onw saving but if i wait till after im unemployed then dose this mean i can get the job centre to pay ? dose anyone know the full details of this ? do you have to be unemployed for so long? what if you have saving in a bank ? what kind of proof do thay need that you’ll get emplyment after passing ?

jrt:
This is very intresting i had’nt heard if you were unempluyed the job cetra would found getting a class 2. this gives me alot to think about as I will be being made redundant in the coming weeks. this is why i was getting a lorry licents. I was going to pay using my onw saving but if i wait till after im unemployed then dose this mean i can get the job centre to pay ? dose anyone know the full details of this ? do you have to be unemployed for so long? what if you have saving in a bank ? what kind of proof do thay need that you’ll get emplyment after passing ?

All JSPs seem to have their own rules but usually it requires the person to be out of work for 6+ months and to have a company headed letter stating that a job will be theirs if they pass the LGV test

Many find after passing that the job has gone but when they applied it was there for them … walks away whistling … :wink: :wink:

i have pm`d hgvhgv and jrt :slight_smile: