passed class c

hi all good news i passed test this morning with only 1 mark on the sheet so i am really chuffed . and my instructor has provisionally booked my c+e test for the 14th of december so looking forward to that now

congratulations on the result and all the best with

your next step please do keep us all informened

as to how it is allgoing on,

Matt,that’s a great result,don’t think I’ve heard of anyone with as few minors as that.
That’s a DSA instructor grade pass.
Good Luck with the C+E.

I got one mark too on my C test (for awareness and planning) So congratulatons!

Next up will my C+E, but not until January.

Good luck

Paul,forgot about your result.
B.T.W.,are you still on the buses?

Not been on the buses for about a month GSM, since I got my class C I have been doing the agency driving.

I had almost given up hope of getting a full time job (After the fiasco with Hargreaves) When I contacted Premdor, I have a driving assessment with them tomorrow afternoon, if all goes well I have a start date of the 11th December.

If the Premdor job doesn’t come off then I will have no choice but to apply to Stagecoach for bus driving again to get me over xmas.

The agency thing is good, but I find they haven’t given me as much work as I’d like, bills to pay and and kids to feed.

Know where you’re coming from about agencies.
Was it the hours that hacked you off with the buses or did you just fancy a change?
I’ve submitted a couple of applications for trainee pcv driver positions,just waiting to hear back.
The good thing about the buses is you get your licence free and you get paid while you’re training.
The hours wouldn’t bother me as I worked shifts for years,only thing I’m a bit wary of is the public.
You hear plenty horror stories of driver’s being given grief .

gsm31:
I’ve submitted a couple of applications for trainee pcv driver positions,just waiting to hear back.

Ive got an interview on Tuesday for the buses…

gsm31:
Know where you’re coming from about agencies.
Was it the hours that hacked you off with the buses or did you just fancy a change?

I did bus driving for about 14 years and just got fed up with all the crappy excuses relating to pay etc. Went back to it after a 2 year break this September for a small firm, they messed me about with the hours so I walked and got my class C, best thing I ever did…remains to be seen!!!

gsm31:
The hours wouldn’t bother me as I worked shifts for years,only thing I’m a bit wary of is the public.

No need to worry about the public in general mate (Assuming you have a good attitude, which I’m sure you have) You can have a real good laugh with some of them.

gsm31:
You hear plenty horror stories of driver’s being given grief .

You might get some grief on a Friday and Saturday night, but again this all comes down to how you speak to people? If one yobbo doesn’t want to pay…so what, its not your money is it?

But generally though you might get sick and tired with all the stopping and starting and quite tight timetables, and then there’s the school buses…they can be a nightmare!

I’d recommend getting that licence though, you will NEVER be out of work once you have your PCV.

Good result, well done!! And all the best with your class 1

Cheers

Steve

Well done that man! Good luck with the C+E.

:smiley: :smiley: Well done Matt…good luck with the c&e… :wink:

Congratulations Mattf on your test good luck with your next one regards derek

thank you all for your kind words . i spoke with my instructor last night who told me i have my c+e test on the 12th december at 10 .30 and i will have the day before for training and the morning of the test so looking forward to that . but in the meantime i am just off to my mates yard and he is going to photocopy licence and pass cert before i take it into dvla office because 6.oo tonight i become a intrepid trucker and taking my first steps into the big wide world of lgv !! thought i would make it sound a bit more interesting well ok i am doing a drop in plymouth and then on to taunton to tip rest of load before loading at sherborne and returning back to redruth in the morning so i am going to have a bit of kip now before the kids get home :wink: :wink: :wink:

Well Done! Congratulations! :smiley:

well done Matt. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can a bus driver have a pit bull as a pet? It would sort out those phuquewets