passed c

hi all this is my first post just passed my class 2 with gordon springate in kent.cant thank them enuff and would highly reccomend them . i would like to drive tippers till i get my class 1 . does anyone know a firm who will give a newbie ago in the swale area .ps these forums and rogs tips helped loads thanks

Well done, congrats fella, was it a first time pass??

garnerlives:
Well done, congrats fella, was it a first time pass??

cheers mate no second failed first one last week .took it a week later passed 6 minors

Well done :smiley:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome cockneygazzer :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

:smiley: :smiley:

JOB HUNTING :question: - A read of THIS POST may be useful - also CV & Interview tips

First year experience as a newbie after passing CE (with pics)

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

u dont know how bad i wanted them fireworks rog thanks mate :smiley:

cockneygazzer:

So the box of matches you sent me in the parcel marked HINT had nowt to do with it ■■ :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

cockneygazzer:

Hi cockneygazzer,

Here are some more fireworks for you mate, enjoy cos you’ve earned them. :wink:

…and they’re better than ROG’s :grimacing:

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your “C” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

nice one dave .about 6 mths ago i started reading the blogs of the others doing their training. it has been a long and painful journey finding the money . the gears. failing me first test. finding another 300 quid for 2 hr lesson and retest. i started to think no fireworks for me. well only from her indoors if i failed again i think she would have put a rocket up me arse :open_mouth: but now i got me fireworks i am happy .big respect for drivers now go out of me way to let lorrys past .now just need a job . all newbs go get them fireworks

Where you based mate??

from london but now live in minster kent

cockneygazzer:
nice one dave .about 6 mths ago i started reading the blogs of the others doing their training. it has been a long and painful journey finding the money . the gears. failing me first test. finding another 300 quid for 2 hr lesson and retest. i started to think no fireworks for me. well only from her indoors if i failed again i think she would have put a rocket up me arse :open_mouth: but now i got me fireworks i am happy .big respect for drivers now go out of me way to let lorrys past .now just need a job . all newbs go get them fireworks

Nice one cockneygazzer!!

I’d like to wish you the best of luck mate. :smiley:

:bulb: Have you had a look in the Driver Vacancies forum?

Keep looking in and posting, and you just never know who might see your posts now that you’ve posted your location. :smiley:

Congrats on passing

thanks mate rang 5 jobs today . 3 said need two yrs exp. 1 said they would ring back . and the last said come for an interview on friday.so fingers crossed i will keep u all informed

Well done cockneygazzer and good luck with getting a job - try the agencies they usually take on new passes :smiley:

m4rky:
try the agencies they usually take on new passes :smiley:

JOB HUNTING :question: - A read of THIS POST may be useful

thanks m4rky and rog.interview went well 2day he was a really nice fella.his words does not matter about experience as i have had drivers who have had their class 2 for yrs and cant drive for toffee.said he has 2 more to interview and will let us know one way or the other by next week.so fingers toes legs crossed. i am on the books of two agencies but no joy from them as of yet. i am 39 and a decorator been out of work now 5 mths. the resession the poles the kosivans and albanians has killed it. anywork u do get the prices r a joke and i am sick of it now. the thing with agncies is its not woth coming of the rock and roll for a weeks work.20 yrs as a painter i have not been out of work longer than a week till now.the job centre treat u like a muppet. i paid for my training myself the last of my saveings. as they said there was no money for that sort of thing now .its not as easy as i though but i will keep on trying anyway enuff moaning got pie and mash for dinner so i am off now sorry about the spellings

cockneygazzer:
sorry about the spellings

Who cares !! - I read it ok first time :smiley:
PS their iz nowt in the rooles that sez U av 2 B litter ate :wink:

hi all got a start with an agency . start on monday they seem really good put u through your adr or hiab and dont mind newbies. i will see how it goes if any good i will put there details on here to help anyone else in the kent area .ps rog u sod :smiley:

That seems good :smiley:
If they do put you through the ADR then try to get 21 hours of Dcpc for it - course needs to be Dcpc approved - worth paying for the Dcpc bit yourself if they are not paying for that bit of a Dcpc approved ADR course as it will frobably work out to between £75 and £100 for the 21 hours - that’s less then some 7 hour Dcpc courses !!!