Passed c + e today

HI everyone,just wanted to let you all know i passed my c + e test today 1st time with only 3 minors…its the best feeling in the world,
Many thanks to all on here for your invaluable advice over the last 3 years and a massive thank you to Ian at Gordon springate ,now i am off to the pub to celebrate …BUT FIRST ROG WHERE ARE YOU IVE WAITED 3 YEARS FOR THIS MOMENT :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ruddio:
…BUT FIRST ROG WHERE ARE YOU IVE WAITED 3 YEARS FOR THIS MOMENT :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Me here now :slight_smile:

Well done Ruddio. :smiley:

Congratulations :smiley:

Well done ruddio! The smiles will never be bigger! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Stu

Well done mate great news :smiley:

Well done on passing your C + E Ruddio. I passed my CLASS 2 in December 2008, so I need to get my finger out and go attempt my C + E training and test too.

I passed my C with 3 minors on a “four over four” gear stick. Found it fairly good. I am not sure what I will be facing when I do decide to take my C + E.

Can I ask what company you used to take your test and an approximate figure you paid, if you don’t mind. I will understand if you don’t want to say.

I am in Glasgow, and I am toying with a few companies at the moment. I have recently been priced at around £700 for 5 day training with test on the 5th day. I thought that to be pretty reasonable. That was quoted through GTG training.

I suppose I now to decide what to do next. I guess the hardest part (apart from the passing), is finding a job and a company who will take someone on with little or no experience. That is my biggest concern.

Anyways, congrats again, and hopefully I will follow suit in due course.

Neil.

Hi neil,i passed my c + e with gordon springates in kent but if you look under rogs signature you will see recommended schools in your area ,
the cost was about 1100 pound and of course you wont need to do theory test again just get in the lorry and drive ,all the best

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome driverpassion :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

driverpassion:
I need to get my finger out and go attempt my C + E training and test too.
…I am in Glasgow, and I am toying with a few companies at the moment.

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS for C+E, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature at the bottom of this post :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have recently been priced at around £700 for 5 day training with test on the 5th day. I thought that to be pretty reasonable.

It does seem a good price :smiley:
ARTIC or W&D ■■? - both act differently and most CEs on UK roads are ARTIC

I guess the hardest part (apart from the passing), is finding a job and a company who will take someone on with little or no experience. That is my biggest concern.

JOB HUNTING :question: - A read of THIS POST may be useful.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Many thanks ROG. Useful advice. I am sure I will try to move ahead in the next month or so, and look to achieve my C + E licence.

Thanks again.

Neil.