Passed C+E yesterday!!

:smiley: Hi all
I passed the C+E test yesterday afternoon at weedon, well happy with the pass (6minors) although i have to say the examiner was very forgiving of some of my errors as i was kind of flying by the seat of my pants when things went a little wrong, however that said i didnt hit anything ( would have had trouble putting a hair between the kerb and the trailer wheels on one of my left turns :laughing: ).
Didn’t really enjoy the test got myself all in a state with nerves etc, which was most likely the cause of the errors, so was releived (a i’m sure everyone is when the magic words were said).
Waiting for my licence now then off too agency to find some work. Cant wait to get cracking and get some experience of actually working with the truck and also finding out how different a loaded one is to drive, ( its a shame that no loads are carried during training/test, even a partial load would surely be a benefit to the new driver).

Many thanks to you all for the many words of wisdom on this forum, you have helped me no end in finding my feet.

Let the learning begin(again) :smiley: :smiley:
regards
J

Well done :smiley:

Well done mate :smiley: :smiley:

Well Done… Good luck with the job hunting

Congratulations kerbclipper

:open_mouth: As long as you don’t live up to your name now you’ve passed… :wink:

very well done :smiley:

Chuffed for you mate - well done :smiley:

Well Done!
I passed second time after stupidly driving in a bus lane on the first test. After 3 months and signing on with 3 different agencies I’ve got my first Class 1 job tomorrow which is for 3 months so it’s going to be like doing my test again! Hope you get a Class 1 job quicker than I did!
All the Best Wishes for the future!
G

WELL DONE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
sounds like you had Dave, Terry or Clive as your examiner :slight_smile: - they all look for a good SAFE drive without Major inconveniences(seriouses) or dangerouses.

Thanks very much all.

gib:
Well Done!
I passed second time after stupidly driving in a bus lane on the first test. After 3 months and signing on with 3 different agencies I’ve got my first Class 1 job tomorrow which is for 3 months so it’s going to be like doing my test again! Hope you get a Class 1 job quicker than I did!
All the Best Wishes for the future!
G

good luck with the job i hope it goes well for you.

ROG:
WELL DONE
sounds like you had Dave, Terry or Clive as your examiner - they all look for a good SAFE drive without Major inconveniences(seriouses) or dangerouses

terry was my examiner, i got a good talking to after the test , he said when i was driving well i was doing great, but just let it slip a few times and made some poor judgement calls such as bad position and being very very close on a left turn when i could have taken more room to get round.

I have to say that the reverse on the test was probably the best one i’ve ever done though, just seemed to drive straight into the garage, was chuffed with that.

again thanks for the congrats and good luck to all the other newbies on training/test
regards
J :smiley:

Well done :smiley:

kerbclipper:
terry was my examiner, i got a good talking to after the test , he said when i was driving well i was doing great, but just let it slip a few times and made some poor judgement calls such as bad position and being very very close on a left turn when i could have taken more room to get round.

If only more examiners were like that!!! Admittedly i passed when we used horses and carts for test but this guy seems like a real sensible guy!. He seems to recognise a good driver who is nervous.
A pass and a good bollocking is sometimes more productive than an outright failure.

congrats! :wink: good luck with job hunting

Well done :smiley: Its a great achievement innit :smiley:

Congratulations Kerbclipper and good luck with the jobhunting regards derek

Well Done :smiley:

TheBear:
A pass and a good bollocking is sometimes more productive than an outright failure.

Absolutely agree.

Well done kerbclipper. :wink:

Well done :smiley: Now the fun really starts :laughing:

Well done once you get yr licence back & have a go @ it for real you can then pracice on your road spacing.

Just pay attentiong to the road ahead & give yourself enougth or more space & youll soon get the hang of it.

Good Luck…