Yesterday;

I FINALLY passed my C+E!!!

Sorry about all the secrecy, I like giving people surprises :grimacing:

Overall, a very good drive, four minors and from his explaination two were from the same “offence” and I had a shunt on the reverse that I didn’t really need but wanted it to be right so two minors in my eyes :wink:

I wouldn’t say I was exstatic when he told me but I’ve never felt relief like it, I felt like I’d been spared a hanging :unamused:

Big thanks to Peter Smythe and his cronies :laughing: Excellent setup they’ve got; good tuition, nice kit and very approachable. Just to clarify - though I’ve failed on other occasions, I got it in one with these guys - my past training and cat.C experience may have helped but credit where it’s due.

Thanks also to priestly lgv with whom I nearly made it but one’s face didn’t seem to fit at the test centre :unamused:

And a further thankyou to trucknet, including Rog (in his absence) Who goes to extrordinary lengths to help people but gets an unfair (imho) amount of flack when he makes a mistake.

About bloody time!! Total costs;

Cat.C - £1100
First C+E, including travel and 2 re-tests - £1600

Second C+E, £1150, call it £1200 with travel.

:open_mouth: £3900 I think!!!

That’s about what my class 2 work earned me in the first year! :blush:

In place of Rog, WELL DONE Flashing lamps and banners etc

Nice to see some praise at last for the trainers, Peter Cronie Smythe and Mother Trucker will be happy. :laughing:

Have you ever thought of buying your own lorry, you will soon recoup your losses, they reckon you can earn £3900 a week in some areas :laughing:

CONGRATULATIONS darkseeker :smiley:

Well done!! Thanks for the kind comments. I’m pleased you recognised the value of the previous training as well. But, none the less, pleased to have got you to the finish post!

See you next week to play with the “real” truck! :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S

Congratulations mate passing just isnt the same without Rog’s flashing post :laughing:

Well done mate enjoy your new licence

Well done darkseeker - great job mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Congrats darkseeker. :smiley:

I hope Rog won’t mind but it is not the same without his fireworks…so

Congratulations darkseeker, perseverance has paid off in the end :smiley:

Congrats on passing mate :smiley:

at last :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well done pleased you went with your gut feelin on this

not a prob keepin mum :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe you just wernt ready the last time now that you have been on the road & lernt a bit good luck with it

Well done mate, welcome to the bendy club :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

darkseeker:
I FINALLY passed my C+E!!!

Hi darkseeker,

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your “C+E” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice one mate!! :smiley:

Thankyou everybody! Looking forward to getting stuck in, obviously apprehensive though- want a couple of nice cushy rdc runs now to get me started. Knowing my luck though I’ll get the co-op at eccleshall (blindside) or morrisons down in Cornwall (can’t quite remember where) which is a tiny little yard.

Got lots of questions but they can wait, I’m currently in Peterborough services doubting I’ll make it back in about an hours driving time, been to m&s faversham and had lots of fun at dartford!

Nice one :smiley: :smiley: Well Done :smiley: :smiley:

Congrats on the pass :wink:

congrats mate

Congratulations darkseeker over the moon for you hope a job comes along soon. Jennie x

:smiley: Thanks everyone, gonna stick with the agencies until I’ve got the hang of it but they’re under instructions to only give me nice easy runs to start with i.e. I could do without having 5 drops in a busy city centre on my first few runs! :laughing:

Also keeping an eye open for full time jobs that don’t mention experience or aren’t specific like “must have class1 experience”

well done dark seeker, gona do my class 1 soon, how much harder than class 2 is it in your opinion?