Yesterday;

It isn’t harder really, you’ve got to get used to the length with both, the principals are all the same. There’s two problems you need to overcome imho, on top of what you did for the C;

Going forwards; you need to learn how to get round bends when the trailer will cut the corner.

Going backwards; well, it’s obvious.

Personally, I think the examiners are a fair bit stricter for the c+e - possibly rightly so but there’s not much more to learn. I think it takes longer to get it straight in your head so you don’t get as much time to polish what you’ve learned.

I had enough trouble getting the rigid round some corners so god knows what I’ll be like with that then lol. The reverse, in principal, to me seems easy enough but obviously could be completely different when I actually do it! my instructor keeps telling me people find it easier to learn class 1 when theyve just done class 2 as they have already ironed out their bad habits and have already got used to driving a truck albeit a smaller one. I’m looking forward to the challenge though, got to wait about amonth but will keep you updated. Good luck with finding work

I have always been told it is easier to drive an artic than a rigid apart from the reversing. I would love to do mine straight away but have got to wait for abit to save up the money for it.

Good luck for the future

For both of you;

I got my c+e over two and a half years after my c. YES, you’ll get into bad habits - try not to and you’ll find they’re easy enough to shift. I don’t think there’s much difference really; one way you get into bad habits but good experience (think how much better you’d feel if you could work the gears without thinking about it) and the other everything’s fresh in your head.

FROM HERE

darkseeker:
…dunno wether to thank you or cuss you for this “blog”. I’m looking at having another go at my C+E soon and I think you’ve made my mind up to do it - wether that’s a good thing or not, I’m not sure…

Hey Darkseeker… Many congratulations on the pass! Such a great feeling to hear those magical words isnt it?
I hope you still dont wish to cuss me now? :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: I’d forgotten all about that! I don’t think I felt the same as most do when he told me I’d passed, I just had the most overwhelming sense of relief I’ve ever had!

Was only joking at the time; I had the cost of it all in mind. But I’m very grateful to everyone who helped me in whatever capacity :wink: