PASS RATES.

whats the pass rate for lgv trainees.

Not good! Have a look on this link dsa.gov.uk/atozdtcinfo.asp?cat=47 and select your test centre. You will then get 2 years pass rates for that test centre.

Last figures I had on the national pass rate was 46.0 (year ended 31/03/05), but I think it has gone down from them slightly.

I believe that the National pass rate - taken across all tests centres in the UK - for first time passes only is 47%

DSA don’t have first time pass rates Mothertrucker, only overall pass rates.

Smart Mart:
DSA don’t have first time pass rates Mothertrucker, only overall pass rates.

And, unless things have changed, they include all the various classes - LGV, PCV, B+E etc

If you click on the sticky “HGV Pass Rates”, this will and then click on the A-Z panel to the right (as I’m in Aberdeen, I didn’t have to do this part :exclamation: ), you will be able to obtain the pass rates for most (not all - but the main ones are covered) of the LGV test centres up to 2005-06.

SuperLez:
If you click on the sticky “HGV Pass Rates”, this will and then click on the A-Z panel to the right (as I’m in Aberdeen, I didn’t have to do this part :exclamation: ), you will be able to obtain the pass rates for most (not all - but the main ones are covered) of the LGV test centres up to 2005-06.

Although they are LGV test centers, they do all the other classes and the pass rates shown are, I’m QUITE SURE, for all the classes of tests taken at that venue

ROG:
Although they are LGV test centers, they do all the other classes and the pass rates shown are, I’m QUITE SURE, for all the classes of tests taken at that venue

Right enough, I see they seperate LGV and PCV, and some of them test cars, but they don’t seem to do different lists for C1, C1E and of course BE.

It would be nice if they did give more detailed lists of each class of test - and put the most recent figures on the net ASAP.

Er SuperLez this is the dsa we are talking about. I did get figures for 2004, they came with a warning that they were un-audited so they could not guarantee their accuracy - I thought figures were figures, but apparently not :smiley:

Smart Mart:
Er SuperLez this is the dsa we are talking about. I did get figures for 2004, they came with a warning that they were un-audited so they could not guarantee their accuracy - I thought figures were figures, but apparently not :smiley:

How can the performance of the DSA be properly assessed if they don’t audit their pass rates? Surely this would be a bread and butter task for them?

We all know what the DSA’s publications say about tests - if you as an individual are good enough you’ll pass - and from this point of view I appreciate that these figures would be of little benefit to the public at large. Instructors/trainers would obviously benefit most from these.

With this in mind, surely the agency should be able to present to those involved in the trade such as yourself with properly audited pass/fail rates so that trainers can benchmark their own performance in relation to the rates achieved at the test centres they use.

I think that ADI’s on cars have their pass rates monitored as the examiner has to put theri ADI Number on the DL25. However I have heard that when they have a test candidate that they do not expect to pass they take their registration card out of the window!

I find that examiners on LGV/PCV tests rarely put my registration number on the DL25, so if the DSA does do any sort of analysis from LGV registered instructors like myself, it will not be accurate at all.

Of course if they did do any sort of serious analysis, i’m sure test fees would have to go up even more to cover their costs!

Some time ago I asked the DSA for the ‘pass rates’ by examiner for my local test centre. After much deliberation and upset of the examiners and the referral to the freedom of information department, the DSA declined to provide the information. This does of course mean that they do have the information, so obviously keep a check on their examiners pass rates, and I have to say that I have been keeping records for the last 4 years of my candidates, passes and fails, that include which examiner they had. From the analysis I have done every examiner has near enough the same pass rate as each other.

I have been keeping records for the last 4 years of my candidates, passes and fails, that include which examiner they had. From the analysis I have done every examiner has near enough the same pass rate as each other.

That should quell a few myths :slight_smile:

I haven’t gone through all of the test centres but there are a few anomolies…

At Kilmarnock, the LGV test pass rate was 60.1% and 63.15% over the last two years- at Patrick Green, the pass rate is 33.2% and 32.99% over the same period.

I wonder why this should be? Certainly I would be very reluctant to take my test at the latter test centre.

When i done my test i was a bit mivved that i had to go to Gloucester to do it when Garretts Green was only down the road , so to speak,glad i did now :smiley:

Gloucester having 54.7 and 54.28% for LGV tests

were as Garretts Green was only 38 and 30.32% for LGV tests

Harry Monk:
I haven’t gone through all of the test centres but there are a few anomolies…

At Kilmarnock, the LGV test pass rate was 60.1% and 63.15% over the last two years- at Patrick Green, the pass rate is 33.2% and 32.99% over the same period.

I wonder why this should be? Certainly I would be very reluctant to take my test at the latter test centre.

Pass rates in Scotland do tend to be somewhat higher than the overall UK average - less traffic, and in a lot of cases, even fewer test routes.

Elgin for instance only has 2 routes - and has a pass rate above 70% :exclamation:

GerryT:
When i done my test i was a bit mivved that i had to go to Gloucester to do it when Garretts Green was only down the road , so to speak,glad i did now :smiley:

Gloucester having 54.7 and 54.28% for LGV tests

were as Garretts Green was only 38 and 30.32% for LGV tests

There is a reason why Garrets Green has a low pass rate and if anyone needs to know why then PM me.

Interesting, if Watnall is the Nottingham Test Centre and I have the choice of that or Weedon, then I shall select Weedon and stay at a friends place in Northampton for the week…

Wozzer:
Interesting, if Watnall is the Nottingham Test Centre and I have the choice of that or Weedon, then I shall select Weedon and stay at a friends place in Northampton for the week…

Haven’t done Watnall but can highly recommend Weedon - Dave, Terry and Clive are the regular examiners there :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: