Parking question

Hi, I am confused I tried to check with the HC, but it’s not clear for me, I bet you will be able to answer my question.

So:

Arround my place is very hard to find some parking space. But there is one place, which is not often used by the others and I wonder if it’s becouse it’s illegal to park there or not.

The question is: I know it’s illegal to park on zig-zags, but what’s if next to zig-zags is the laybe, so I don’t really park on the street?

See red vehicle on the picture: is it parked legally or not?

Legal, mate.

If the road is wide enough for you to park on the OTHER side of those lines and you do, and get caught, it’s 3 points.

Like I said, perfectly okay to park on the other side of them in that picture :slight_smile:

orys:
Hi, I am confused I tried to check with the HC, but it’s not clear for me, I bet you will be able to answer my question.

So:

Arround my place is very hard to find some parking space. But there is one place, which is not often used by the others and I wonder if it’s becouse it’s illegal to park there or not.

The question is: I know it’s illegal to park on zig-zags, but what’s if next to zig-zags is the laybe, so I don’t really park on the street?

i may be wrong here but if cops passed when you parked there you would get 3 points and £60 fine, i guess those lines are like that is so people can see clearly when they approach the crossing? and also gives drivers a better view of people waiting to cross the crossing, as say somebody plonks a transit or MPV then the views of the driver and pedestrain of each other are restricted :question: :question: or may be not someone will be along shortly.

orys:

So:

can you post link to googe maps?

legal 100%

The reasons are that it does not block the view of the actual crossing and is in a designated parking area

The ped view isn’t blocked. When standing at the kerb they are already past the parked car and have a clear view of the road

Cruise Control:
i may be wrong here but if cops passed when you parked there you would get 3 points and £60 fine, i guess those lines are like that is so people can see clearly when they approach the crossing? and also gives drivers a better view of people waiting to cross the crossing, as say somebody plonks a transit or MPV then the views of the driver and pedestrain of each other are restricted :question: :question: or may be not someone will be along shortly.

Good point, but I have taken it into consideration. Due to the pavement ending at the edge of the road, not as deep as it has place where the laybe is, the cars parked there do not obstruct view of someone who would like to pass… I amended picture to that occasion:

On the other side of the pedestrian crossing there is a phonebox in analogic position to the red car and noone is worried about that obstructing view…

ROG:
legal 100%

The reasons are that it does not block the view of the actual crossing and is in a designated parking area

That’s good then. From today I will park there without need to worry anymore :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone… :slight_smile:

Cruise Control:
can you post link to google maps?

maps.google.pl/maps?f=q&source=s … ,7.32,0,5

I just noticed that this phonebox is further up the road, it’s not so close as I was thinking.

And this black one is not mine :slight_smile:

Just my opinion here, but I See no problem with parking there simply because the crossing is visible when the driver approaches it, it’s the drivers responsibility to ensure the crossing is clear whether or not a truck was parked in the lay by in the same way its the pedestrians responsibility to ensure its safe to cross.

I think the biggest giveaway is the lights that would be on the crossing I.E Red or Green or the Red or Green Man for Pedestrians.

Yep, you are safe Orys. It doesnt seem like the Polis are too worried as there are cars and vans all around parked too close to junctions and on yellow lines.

Google Mapy lol.

Anyway I’m suprised you can find a parking space anywhere in Cathcart, Orys. Lol.

Steve-o:
Google Mapy lol.

Anyway I’m suprised you can find a parking space anywhere in Cathcart, Orys. Lol.

I walked around the corner to watch some woman getting cash from the RBS, couldnt see her PIN though :wink: I grabbed a fish supper on the way back though.

Wheel Nut:

Steve-o:
Google Mapy lol.

I walked around the corner to watch some woman getting cash from the RBS, couldnt see her PIN though :wink: I grabbed a fish supper on the way back though.

For obvious reason I will not tell you where is that, but you can spot my cat sleeping on my bedroom window :slight_smile:

Steve-o:
Google Mapy lol.

I don’t need to be parked on my doorstep, walking 150 m is not a problem for me, so I never had any problems with that…

But If I was enjoying paying for parking on yellow lines like some of my neighbours do, I would be able to park in front of my home almost every time.

Orys when I lived in Cathcart I used to park my car in that very spot :slight_smile:

lived in Tankerland drive but could never get parked by my house

Surely I just need to find the window with the cat lol