Double Yellow Lines

With all this snow lying around all the Yellow lines and loading bars on the roads are hidden,what’s the score with parking tickets ? Are you expected to dig up the snow to check on the parking regulations ? The councils will tell you that it’s too dangerous to send people out to empty the bins,therefore it must be too dangerous for Traffic Wardens.

Deathstar:
With all this snow lying around all the Yellow lines and loading bars on the roads are hidden,what’s the score with parking tickets ? Are you expected to dig up the snow to check on the parking regulations ?

YES :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Let me tell you a little true story…
Macclefield, early 80s, me in 7.5 tonner, heavy thick snow on ground with a delivery quite close to a pedestrian crossing.
I judged where the zig-zags might start as I stopped before the crossing and was part way through the delivery when plod showed up.
Plod got shovel from boot of his vehicle and dug away the snow under my front bumper…
… you guessed it… My overhang was one foot over it!!
A nice 3 points and a fine for me :open_mouth: :angry:

ROG:

Deathstar:
With all this snow lying around all the Yellow lines and loading bars on the roads are hidden,what’s the score with parking tickets ? Are you expected to dig up the snow to check on the parking regulations ?

YES :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Let me tell you a little true story…
Macclefield, early 80s, me in 7.5 tonner, heavy thick snow on ground with a delivery quite close to a pedestrian crossing.
I judged where the zig-zags might start as I stopped before the crossing and was part way through the delivery when plod showed up.
Plod got shovel from boot of his vehicle and dug away the snow under my front bumper…
… you guessed it… My overhang was one foot over it!!
A nice 3 points and a fine for me :open_mouth: :angry:

Was there a points system in place in the early 80s ? thought it was endorsements back then ? - either way, to get done for overhanging a parking restriction is a bit of a ■■■■ imo.

Suedehead:
Was there a points system in place in the early 80s ?

Yes - I should know - I collected a full 12 set and had to plead in court :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Suedehead:
to get done for overhanging a parking restriction is a bit of a [zb] imo

I was not very happy either but rules is rules…

ROG:

Suedehead:

Yes - I should know - I collected a full 12 set and had to plead in court :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

And he’s now teaching the others how to drive? :grimacing:
No wonder that there is so much lorry drivers who have absolutely no respect for the rules :grimacing:

Taxi… :slight_smile:

orys:

ROG:

Suedehead:

And he’s now teaching the others how to drive? :grimacing:
No wonder that there is so much lorry drivers who have absolutely no respect for the rules :grimacing:

Taxi… :slight_smile:

I wasn’t always a ‘good boy’ and it does give me a good perspective on how to improve the driving of others - a sort of ‘I’ve been there and done that’ and knowing where I went wrong helps to get inside the mind of others which iswhy I usually know the excuses before they say them…

ROG:
I wasn’t always a ‘good boy’ and it does give me a good perspective on how to improve the driving of others - a sort of ‘I’ve been there and done that’ and knowing where I went wrong helps to get inside the mind of others which iswhy I usually know the excuses before they say them…

I know, i know, I was only joking, but you are talking so serious…

You must be real teacher from the deepest of your heart. :grimacing: People are joking, and you answering with some boring lecturers :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

ROG:

Points? Points? What are they?

Tut tut Rog, you coudn’t get away with that as an ADI, RoSPA Gold, & GEM.

parking restrictions must be clearly visable, no ifs or buts.

things are different now, common sense says there are probably some yellow lines under the snow, that is how the courts would have dealt with it years ago. but now we live within a system of legal loopholes.

limeyphil:
parking restrictions must be clearly visable, no ifs or buts.

things are different now, common sense says there are probably some yellow lines under the snow, that is how the courts would have dealt with it years ago. but now we live within a system of legal loopholes.

A very good point.
As all my points were cleared at least 15 years ago (none since :smiley: ) then I don’t think I will contest what I got in the 80s :wink: :laughing: