Three points???

Hi all, a mate of mine just got three points and a sixty quid fine for parking on zig zags at a zebra crossing and running in to tescos, i didnt think you could get points for parking restrictions… He was in his car.

Can anyone shed any light on this…

cheers

wizardofoz:
Hi all, a mate of mine just got three points and a sixty quid fine for parking on zig zags at a zebra crossing and running in to tescos, i didnt think you could get points for parking restrictions… He was in his car.

cheers

I think its due to the fact he parked on a zebra crossing■■? I got done for parking on a zig zag line years ago, i was unloading shotgun cartridges at the time!!

a few years ago i got 3 points for parking on zig zags, no where else to park in my truck waiting to tip a copper came up to me got stroppy :cry: did me 3 points & 125 quid 1 it comes on your licence as a pc20…obstruction :cry: :cry:

quite simple really… the zig zags are warning drivers of impending hazard which is the zebra crossing. :bulb: :bulb:

zig zags dont mean " free parking here ".

so if someones parked on the zig zags and a car has to manover round it to pass the crossing it wouldn be see’ing the pedrestian using the crossing, and nipping into tesco isnt a valid excuse.

Yes it’s definitely three points - and a deserved three points at that!

:exclamation: :exclamation:

You MUST NOT stop or park on

the carriageway or the hard shoulder of a motorway except in an emergency (see Rule 270)
a pedestrian crossing, including the area marked by the zig-zag lines (see Rule 191)
a clearway (see ‘Traffic signs’)
taxi bays as indicated by upright signs and markings
an urban clearway within its hours of operation, even when a broken white line is on your side of the road, except to pick up or set down passengers (see ‘Traffic signs’)
a road marked with double white lines, except to pick up or set down passengers
a tram or cycle lane during its period of operation
a cycle track
red lines, in the case of specially designated ‘red routes’, unless otherwise indicated by signs

licencecheck.co.uk/offense_codes.php

Pedestrian Crossings
PC10 Undefined Contravention of Pedestrian Crossing Regulations… 3
PC20 Contravention of Pedestrian Crossing Regulations with moving vehicle… 3
PC30 Contravention of Pedestrian Crossing Regulations with stationary vehicle… 3

wizardofoz:
i didnt think you could get points for parking restrictions…

He didn’t get the points for parking restrictions.

ANDY1961:
Yes it’s definitely three points - and a deserved three points at that!

:exclamation: :exclamation:

hear, hear Its bad enough getting passed the pedestrian crossing as it is, but when somebody parks there it makes it twice as hard, especially in a artic!! :smiling_imp: , i cant even see an excuse such as having a blue badge working!!

Highway Code
You MUST NOT stop or park on a pedestrian crossing, including the area marked by the zig-zag lines (see Rule 191)

You MUST NOT park on a crossing or in the area covered by the zig-zag lines. You MUST NOT overtake the moving vehicle nearest the crossing or the vehicle nearest the crossing which has stopped to give way to pedestrians.

[Laws ZPPPCRGD regs 18, 20 & 24, RTRA sect 25(5) & TSRGD regs 10, 27 & 28]

The red coloured MUST NOT indicates that it is a LAW and is therefore may incur a penalty and points

I got done for it many years ago…
Macclesfield in thick snow - parked my 7.5 tonner before a crossing and tried to judge distance as snow covered everything
Mr plod came along with shovel and cleared snow from under front of truck - wheels behind start of zig-zags but front end was not - Copped fine and 3 points :exclamation: :exclamation:

well although he shouldn’t have done it.
he should have pleaded not guilty, as he had broke down and went into the nearest shop to see if he could find someone willing to give him a tow. simple really.

i never plead guilty, you miss out on all the fun.

Quite right too, your friend is obviously a lazy antisocial numpty, who thinks of nobody other than himself :exclamation:

Scotchbaz:
Quite right too, your friend is obviously a lazy antisocial numpty, who thinks of nobody other than himself :exclamation:

that sounds like me, not his mate

There is a crossing in Exeter, right outside the RD&E hospital. As the zig zags end, there is a bus stop. So when a bus is stopped, you can’t get past without going over the zig zags, and of course nobody waits. Stupid bloody planners.
I know it is after the crossing, but it still means people are seen to break the law and get away with it. In most numptys minds it makes no difference whether it’s before or after the crossing.
There is also a filter lane for traffic going into the hospital, and the number of times people in the filter lane flash people out from the hospital, who then “appear” in front of you without looking as you drive up the inside.

wizardofoz:

cheers

yeah he was parked within a controlled zone which will land you 60 and 3 points and what i mean by the controlled zone is by parking within the zig zags but if you park outside you will be ok, even a PCSO can issue them tickets

limeyphil:
well although he shouldn’t have done it.
he should have pleaded not guilty, as he had broke down and went into the nearest shop to see if he could find someone willing to give him a tow. simple really.

i never plead guilty, you miss out on all the fun.

an if you do that it will land up £1000 and 6 points lol

When you go into Kronospan at Chirk there’s a big notice in the Sceurity Window on the weighbridge tell you if you stop outside the shop on the ZigZag’s you will recieve 3 points and £60 fine…Coincidentally the local nick is right oppsite the shop…

smoker:
There is a crossing in Exeter, right outside the RD&E hospital. As the zig zags end, there is a bus stop. So when a bus is stopped, you can’t get past without going over the zig zags, and of course nobody waits. Stupid bloody planners.
I know it is after the crossing, but it still means people are seen to break the law and get away with it. In most numptys minds it makes no difference whether it’s before or after the crossing.
There is also a filter lane for traffic going into the hospital, and the number of times people in the filter lane flash people out from the hospital, who then “appear” in front of you without looking as you drive up the inside.

The rule is you are not to overtake a moving motor vehicle within the Zig Zag lines approaching the pedestrian crossing. that bus stop is pasted the crossing although the zig zags have been cut short, therefore it is legal to pass a stationary bus at the stop.