Parking in London

Need quick help folks.

Am going to do a delivery in Dagenham, East London on Thursday morning. From Edinburgh it will be a full days drive to get there, so will leave tomorrow (Wednseday) morning and will need to park up on Wednesday night as near to the delivery address as possible to maximize available driving time for running home on Thursday after I’ve tipped.

The delivery address is on Rainham Road North - for those who know the area. Any ideas where I can park up without being bothered by plod or local scumbags?

Thanks in advance.
Adrian

there was plenty of free parking on Chequers Lane / Choats Road if you can make it that far. I used to park up regularly when we were on the tankers, some very good old East Lunnon caffs too.

Andy M will put you right, he might even take you for a pint. :stuck_out_tongue:

There was a lorry park at Loughton, (no facilities) at the bottom of the M11 at Junction 5. bit awkward to get to from North though.

Personally I would reccomend the council Lorry Park in West Thurrock… It is close to the Lake side shopping centre and not far from the TruckWorld Truckstop, However the Food in the Cafe is OK… the food and drink in the Ship pub 100 yards away is even better
Directions

1. M25 Exit on the A13 junction sign posted Tilbury turn LEFT on A13 towards Tilbury
  2. Stay in left hand lane and leave at next junction -Signed Lakeside
  3. At top you can only turn right down a dual carriageway, get in middle lane(the shoping complex is now on your right hand side
  4. Carry on to roundabout, Take First Exit off roundabout You are now on a single carriageway road, IKEA superstore will be on the right hand side
  5. At NEXT roundabout you will see a DAF truck dealer in front of you… turn LEFT, and within 20 yards there is a Right hand Turning… the Lorry Park with a Cafe will be visible from there

From there you are about 20 minutes from Rainham Road …(Back to the A13 and follow the A13 in towards London)

Parking costs around £7, however I have parked there 100’s of times and the truck has NEVER been touched… the pub is “Driver Friendly” and the grub good!!! :smiley:

If you have time, why not go to the tip Wednesday evening?? If you are there before they close, it may be that they will let you park onsite ready for the morning!! (or even better, tip you)
As an alternative to Rikkis route, go down the M11 to the very bottom, pick up the North Circular and head east. Then turn left onto the A118 heading east thro Ilford. Look out for signs for Seven Kings following the A1083 … this road is plenty big enough for a 44 tonner. You are following Green Lane then. Follow Green Lane all the way to the end when you will come to Becontree Heath. Rainham Road etc starts here. Youy can have a look for the tip, and if ok, can park there overnight. If it is not possible, you can still run out to Thurrock. Mainly depends on how much time you have left when getting to London From the North Circular to Rainham Road North will take you a max of 20 minutes

lostpup it might be an idea to get the phone number of the delivery company and ask if you can park up for the night on there premises, plus they can tell you what time they close or if they are 24hr.this might save you time and a wasted journey if your not allowed to park there. :wink:

Sorry but as a trucker why do you need to ask sort your self out,maybe on this forum you`il be ok but but in real life there is a lot of empty heads who nowadays will give you a bum steer. :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

but as a trucker why do you need to ask

Because thats what these forums are for… only a fool struggles when there is ready help available.

I have been driving many a year, and there is so many places I have never been too, and areas of this job I still know nothing about, and as a professional driver, if I am unsure about something, I ASK

I have said this many tmes… There is no such thing as a stupid question, if you genuinely dont know the answer[/b]

Lostpup, you have PM mate…

Rikki-UK:

I have said this many times… There is no such thing as a stupid question, if you genuinely dont know the answer[/b]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Better to look a fool by asking, than be a fool by not asking.

froggy:
Sorry but as a trucker why do you need to ask sort your self out,maybe on this forum you`il be ok but but in real life there is a lot of empty heads who nowadays will give you a bum steer. :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Had a bad day, Froggy?? I see you posted on the Euro side as well with a bit of sarcasm

froggy, were you born with years of experience inbuilt then? i sincerely hope it was just a bad day you had. my father had over thirty years under his belt when he stopped driving and he still wasnt afraid to ask questions.

I ask questions when I dont know the answers! :open_mouth:
I answer the questions when I do know the answers. :smiley:

I feel sad for the people who dont do either! :cry:
I have yet to meet a person who doesn’t ask or answer :smiley:

Still I am lucky the perfect person doesnt live arround my way! :open_mouth: :smiley:

Thanks for all the tips guys. I have been to the tipping address twice already, so finding it isn’t the problem and I know that I cannot park on site as I asked last time I was there if I needed to in future could I park there - they said no as they don’t have the space, plus there yard isn’t secure enough. So Mr Bear, hence the question. I could find somewhere to park if I had enoug time to drive around looking, but as time is tight - better to get some pointers eh?

Rikki - Thurrock will be the best option I reckon - thanks.

froggy:

one day froggy this is going to come back and haunt you.i know i am a very good driver and can read maps etc etc. but maps don’t allow for low bridges narrow roads whats the best road to take to get into places.if someone has already been to a place where your going to then why not ask him/her it saves you time and possible hassle.please remember one thing your never to old to learn.theres always somethings in this job that will catch you out,no matter how small or how big.so please froggy don’t insult someone for asking a question,cause one day that person could be you. :wink:

I replied to this post as it had just been posted and was asking for quick help. If you read it it said he would be leaving Wednesaday Morning, well unless lostpup is lucky like Coffee and has internet access in his truck the answers had to be posted quickly.
My idea was to get him as close to the drop as possible, because the A13 into East London in a morning is chaotic. Rikki posted an alternative reply too so then lostpup has a choice of overnight stops.

Froggys first post on here was posted because he hadnt researched something properly. Trucknet gave him the answer

FROGGY it looks like youve developed the ohterry syndrome…dive in head first think later…regards a very chilled out mr ohterry… :laughing: :laughing: