Central London parking

Just joined the forum, looks pretty useful. I need to say first that I drive a motorhome, not a truck, but it seems that a lot of the info passed around here is useful to us MH’ers as well!

I’m particularly interested in recommended overnight stops, and have picked up some useful info already - thanks!

I’ve a question about overnight parking in or near central London, I was told a year or so ago that there was a truck park just by Tower Bridge (Tooley St.) where one could park up overnight - does anyone know if it’s still there?

AndyC

Hi as a trucker and a motorhomer welcome to the site…there is no longer a truck park near tower bridge…in fact living in london all of my life i can say that i know the area quite well…and there is very little parking in london…there are of course places where you can park, but they are not in central london…there is a camp site at crystal palace…and there is a campsite at abbeywood.close to the station which is easy for commuting…you could of course try town centre car parks depending on whether they have height barriers, or there is the supermarket car parks, but they depend on security, and whether they will allow it…but give it a try and you can contact me for further information…
have a nice day

Wow - instant reply! Thanks truckyboy, much appreciated.

I’ll cross that one off my list then - shame cos it would have been very convenient…

I’ve used the site at Abbey Wood - but it’s quite expensive, and anyway with all we need on board I don’t feel like paying for loads of facilities that we won’t use.

AndyC

No problems…trouble i find is i dont have an onboard generator so i like to use electric for the fridge, this sort of weather is ok for now though… apart from the heating…of course there are supermarket parking in charlton where i live, and there is always blackheath, but im sure youll manage somehow and good luck…

hi andy

and welcome to TruckNet :smiley:

if you don’t mind a bit of hussle and bussel the there is a parking area next to new covent garden market just of vauxhall bridge,but beware i think it is quite expensive.

and there is also parking on mandela way just off the a2 (old kent road),yet again expensive

all the best mate

jon

WELCOME TO TRUCKNET