Parking in east anglia

Hey I’m new to this truknet, and to driving the UK. i think I know some of you from my travells, but going to be spending alot of time in east anglia. Where is the better places to stop, for showers, food and laundery?

Be wary of Laybys along the A14…curtain slashers are rife along it…
Give us an idea of roughly where you expect to travel and am sure people will point you in the right direction…

PS WELCOME TO THE NUTHOUSE!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

umm the red lodge on a11 is good, a regular stop of mine

orwell truck stop ipswich is sound and secure…

if you say what sort of area you are going to we could help you more… east anglia is a large area lol

I would second Orwell Crossing,secure,decent food and showers.

If you park up at Red Lodge, get there early, or it’ll be full.
Watch out for the Bury truck parks, they can be dodgy. Otherwise check out the threads in the parking forum?

i’d agree with the others, orwell is a winner.

Deinately Orwell one of the best i have stopped at, but how is it secure if you can just dirve on and off there is no barrier or gate

they got cameras at orwell btw…and enough trucks coming and going to hopefully notice bad going ons…oh yeah the owner is not to be messed with by the local bad lads…

jayeastanglia:
they got cameras at orwell btw…and enough trucks coming and going to hopefully notice bad going ons…oh yeah the owner is not to be messed with by the local bad lads…

Or any other bugger, have you seen the size of his hands? :open_mouth:

also the cafe at saxham area bury st edmunds is re open again, does it get classed as risby? great food in there, no idea about parking costs though

IIRC Didn’t Risby have a problem last year with thefts? Quite a few to warrant the police advising against parking overnight there? I stopped there a few times top food and reasonable enough prices.
Would never park at Bury St Edmunds again, too many men of the night driving about!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: