Parking advice

Evening guys, it’s been a while since my last visit. Wondering if anyone can be of any help to me.
I’ll be tipping in Colchester town centre and need to be there first thing Monday morning, so I’m heading down tomorrow afternoon and having my 11 off as near as I can get if possible

Can anyone suggest anywhere not to far where is secure for parking, I’ll be loaded so don’t really fancy staying at the side of the road.

Any advice would be appreciated.

There is a truck stop at the Bolton brothers waste recycling place near Ipswich (Jn 52 on A14) but not sure if it is open on a Sunday though. There is always the services at Chelmsford or for more security there is Orwell truck stop. You can also park at Tescos at Ipswich where the A12 and A14 meet (Copdock interchange). Is free to park there.

Sheepen Rod CO3 3LE, lorry park in centre of town. have a look on streetview. I stopped for a 45 in there 2 or 3 yrs ago, right opposite a shopping centre, may be where youre tipping.
Or theres Severalls Lane ind est which is massive, or the BP garage on the A12 bypass, same exit as the football stadium.

If stuck he could also park on the old Hythe Quay which is quite close to town but don’t know how safe it is.

ALOT of folk are using the huge coach park outside Colchester football stadium…called the Weston homes stadium.

Jct 28 east bound if coming in from Chelmsford end of A12, climb up slip road too roundabout, chuck a right over bridge, straight over next roundabout, then at next roundbout(200yrds) take 3rd exit too right, follow down 500yds max an your in…

As you come up slip road you will see on left the BP, and a maccy d’s… Depending on where in town your tipping and what time it can take a while too get into town so allow time fella say 30mins point to point as the centre is chaos, although kids are off so be a bit easier, id get into town no later than 8am!!

Stadium is a Lit site, and I know police, an a private security firm are regularly around there so good an secure, the BP truck park is miniscule, an always full but ya might be lucky too get a spot on there at worst or on the entry road in…

If not severalls ind estate has alot of holes but be warned the yoooof do use it as a race track at night…

If ya truely fluffed for a spot, shout out in hear as I know a few more spots nice an cozy round the borough :wink:

That Weston Homes one is massive, I did my first speed awareness course there, load of jumped up arrogant dicks !!

Nice one fellas I’ll look them up now, I’m gonna be in town before 7 so it shouldn’t be to bad, if tipped here before but last time I’d came up from Thurrock.

raymundo:
That Weston Homes one is massive, I did my first speed awareness course there, load of jumped up arrogant dicks !!

:laughing:
I’ll never forget last year we had a driver awareness course, traffic officer decided
too start banging on about seatbelts an airbags…well clearly her mechanical knowledge were lacking as she proceeded to ram down our throats that all vehicles could have their airbags switched off but she advised us not to…

I walked out after 25mins of head-butting the table trying too enlighten her that actually VERY few vehicles have this option, mainly vw,seat…and also her fascinating explanation of what she thought an inertia seat belt was…

Gotta love the po po at times :laughing:

As for the stadium, such a shame its not a designated place for hgvs, and that the poxy council slung a park an ride in up there but ■■■■ any hgv facilities, as its perfect for a site up there…
An they wonder why carridgeways, layby’s, an every available kurb is piled up with trucks.

There is another site on what is the A120 east bound…(Clacton)…has hgv parking either side on carridgeway, and same at west bound end near stanstead…

Facilities are about round Essex but nothing especially catering for drivers in way of facilities too wash, get decent food…disgusting in this day an age imop.

google.co.uk/search?client= … 8we1xJ74BQ

Thanks for the recommendations everyone, just parked up for the night. I touched lucky and mange to get a spec at the bp garage off the A12 by McDonald’s, I’m only 5 miles from my drop too so can have a bit of a lie in tomorrow!