Bury st edmunds

i’m running the a14 alot lately, in and out of felixstowe.
keep seeing signs for truck parking in bury, just wondered if anyone here knows if its any good, and what facilities are there■■?
cheers.

Last stayed there 9yrs ago ,coming from f/stowe take a134 sudbury then follow signs only just off a134.Parking was free,food was reasonable in a large portakabin,toilets no use for washing ,no showers,may have changed,also it was quiet.Parking for about 30 trucks.

thanks mate, i’ll give it a look.
i can always grab a shower at orwell or cambridge, depending on my direction of travel, just handy too have somewhere else too park, when trying too maximise my time.

they have a shoer but you can only use it when the cafe is open.
if the parking area is full you can park outside.
they have lots of cctv and the police call round a lot.
the down side is if you dont get there by 1630 you cant park cause its normally full.

Council owned parking I believe. but cafe was quite good last time I used it

Stopped there Thursday,very good and clean,CCTV cafe opens til 8,
Free parking.
like said above,if you dont get there early,you wont get in. :wink:

toilets smell a lot…i waste time in the truck park as u get a good tv reception in there.

:smiley: BURY AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER HAS DONE GOOD FOOD THE ONLY DOWN SIDE TO THIS SITE IS THAT IT GETS FULL EARLY ON ESPECIALY IF OPERATION STACK IS ON NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE AND IT IS FREE THE LAST TIME I STOPPED THERE THE LOCAL RUGBY CLUB INVITED YOU TO THERE’S NOT TRIED SO CAN’T COMMENT WELL WORTH THE STOP BREAKFAST’S ARE GOOD

i sometimes stop there on the way home, the toilets aren’t brilliant but they are ok.
the cafe is very friendly and the food is good.

i would recommend it.

YEAH like most of the above posts this is a good truck stop friendly and good food .
Get the big boys breakfast i,t take some eating i can tell you, if looking to park up overnight get there before 5pm because space is tight and its gets full up .

open until 8pm Monday to Thursday but I think it closes at 5pm on Fridays also closed on Saturdays lots of room to park there on friday nights .