p&o

after talking to my friend who works for them…he was saying they are only using there casual drivers at present…work is slow but might be getting new units if a certain contract comes off…fingers crossed it does…i miss seing the p&o all over the place

which part of P&O would this be?

god knows is the answer to you…!!! its small enough as it is mate

well, the main part of P&O on the transport side these days is Ferrymaster, with the yellow units and curtainsiders.

if you are referring to the container side of things, as in the blue units with the white doors, that is no longer P&O and has not been for a long time.

that is now Roadways Container Logistics, they are using casual drivers, any new driver that starts is on a casual contract

rumour has it there is supposed to be a lot more p&0 stuff coming into immingham docks like i say not sure how true it is but was told to me by a shunter there .

used to collect a lot of coblfret trailers from there and it used to have its fair share of p&o stuff which soon got thinner

my dad drives for P&O ferrymasters and has been told tha when the trucks r due to go back from the lease ending there wil be no job for the driver as the trucks are’nt being replaced,

my dads is N.I reg but its 2004 model an due to go back in march so he wil have no job by then they have got alot of 54 reg an 06 plates

the majority of P&O trailers get pulled by subbies now as apparently the owners of P&O which apparently is the arubs dont want to run there own trucks !

dmh1066:
after talking to my friend who works for them…he was saying they are only using there casual drivers at present…work is slow but might be getting new units if a certain contract comes off…fingers crossed it does…i miss seing the p&o all over the place

did u find out if there is any truth in what ya mate says about a new contract ?

mark h:
my dad drives for P&O ferrymasters and has been told tha when the trucks r due to go back from the lease ending there wil be no job for the driver as the trucks are’nt being replaced,

my dads is N.I reg but its 2004 model an due to go back in march so he wil have no job by then they have got alot of 54 reg an 06 plates

the majority of P&O trailers get pulled by subbies now as apparently the owners of P&O which apparently is the arubs dont want to run there own trucks !

This is what happens when you sell out to a big multinational co. (Dubai World) After decades of running their own fleet too :frowning:
Dodn’t realise what a good part time number i had running out of Fleetwood until the job wasn’t there anymore. :cry:

Mark, i ain’t been into Liverpool in over 6 months now. I think they’ve forgotten me!