P+O ferrymasters containers

any one on here know who to contact to get on the job? dont really fancy going back on boxes but they seem about the best ,pulled for them years ago as an employed driver but i,ve been on steel for the last too many years now and dont really have any contacts on containers anymore
also feel free to try and talk me out of it :laughing:

I would imagine you’d need to get on with Roadways.

ADR agency were the last agency I knew of that had a contract with them!

I am not advising you to go to ADR because in my opinion they are the worst agency in the Boro! them and driverhire.

hi there tc,

are you talking about that particular franchise of driver hire or driver hire in general?
just that i was thinking of registering with them as there is one in my home town

As my good friend :laughing: :laughing: laybybobb said its Roadways,but apparently
they re â– â– â– â–  to work for :slight_smile:

The only experience I have is the ones on Teesside.

It’s not Roadways pulling them off Teesport…besides which, they pull (and are part of) mostly P&O Nedlloyd - a subtly but very definately different firm (or part of the whole conglomerate, for the pedants amongst you.) - along with some K-line etc. Deep Sea work, basically. Ferrymasters is Short Sea.

Out of here, their work seems to be mostly done by their own motors, with a fair bit being taken by people like Kellys and Boals, Blythemans, Bulmers (only if they’re short on the 30ft UBC bulk boxes)…as well as some Tyneside-based bods eg. Worksmart. and a lot of owner drivers.

Other box firms on Teesdock include Maritime and Dart (only small up here, new to Teesside), Carters (even smaller, winding down by all accounts), and Containerships, plus the various tanktainer types. There are others, but those are the ones which spring to mind.

Hope that helps. Will give you a shout if I hear of anything.

Ps. There’s supposed to be a big new ASDA container facility opening soon, with lots of shunting and trunking work…watch this space on that one. :wink:

chers lucy,new all about the asda thing {me ould man drinks with the top dog at tees dock} but he,s crap at fone numbers so i,m back to square 1, the job i,ve done for {calculator} 9yrs bites the dust in 2 weeks, so HEEEEEEELP
1yr old 6x2 actros looking for work {anybody please i,m not fussy}

1yr old 6x2 actros looking for work

I guess you are an owner driver…
Containerships use O/D , the rates arnt the best in the world, but plenty of work.
both local and distance, they allow subbies to use the yard bunker fuel, and dont moan too much if you disappear for a couple of days/weeks when better work comes in.

Better turn around time on 2 quay than on P&O terminal, get your foot in the door and even if you find better work it is always there if you need something to keep you moving for a couple of days…

contact is Trisha Green Tel 01642 440151 or 01642 770717

let us know how you get on :open_mouth: :wink:

cheers rikki,got a few irons in the fire at the minute so i,m not going to dive in to the first thing that comes along,got a few jobs in reserve if nothing comes up so i,m not overly concerned {yet}

Sorry to â– â– â– â–  in here folks, but P&O Ferrymasters was European work, mainly old tilts, and got bought by WIncanton when Wincanton bought P&O TranEuropean. I have seen P&O Ferrymaster trucks still driving around with adverts for drivers glued to their cabs. Head office was Felixstowe. I did speak to them not long after the takeover, and was referred to a guy at Wincanton.
If you are talking about Roadways, then I think they are still owned by P&O; container side is P&O Nedlloyd, a separate company that P&O still has a stake in, but it’s for sale. Understand they are still looking for a buyer for Roadways, also.
Don’t know if any of that helps. I just like confusing people, then I feel as if I have company :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Chaversdad,

If you want to stick with steel you could try Prestons or FVS or preferably go to TSD (at Lackenby) direct. I work for AV Dawson and we use quite a few Subbies, on steel mostly.

Regards
Westie

cheers westie,cant say too much on here but its becauase of the above mentioned a few of us need to find other work! got to stop now before i lose my rag altogether